Does anybody have any full-scale plans for a Mini Les Paul they'd freely share?
Thinkin' bout doing one for my first build, if I can get some funds together.

GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Why not make it full scale? You could take a LPs body schematic, then scale it down to size to make it mini.
Not sure if that'd work though.

EDIT: Imo, mini LPs look ridiculous.
..I was watching my death.
minni flying vs look the beast

EDIT: looking at below post:

Ok.

I recently drew my own, slightly larger les paul. Basically get an old one, trace around it and shrink the dimensions evenly, then, get some tracing paper and go around it. Ten use that copy and alter bits until they look 'right'.

Takes patience but when you hit the spot you will know it.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Last edited by IYanoplathizoI at Jul 25, 2009,
why would you want to do that i find full scale les pauls look small compared to its competition
Look guys he didn't ask for your opinion on his choice he asked if any1 had plans for it.

As akward as it fels saying this, timbit is the only one who posted semi helpful information.

So RJackson, I'd agree with Timbit. Try shrinking the plans where you need them, unless ofcourse some1 does have these plans.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Several guys are working on these in the mylespaul.com forums. Try poking your head in the luthiers corner over there and asking maybe? Good luck.
Quote by blindsagacity
Look guys he didn't ask for your opinion on his choice he asked if any1 had plans for it.

As akward as it fels saying this, timbit is the only one who posted semi helpful information.

So RJackson, I'd agree with Timbit. Try shrinking the plans where you need them, unless ofcourse some1 does have these plans.

KICKASS! I was right!

I have a warning, so I guess I need to post another helpful thing with this post.

Don't shrink the neck.
It looks really big too. Ridiculously big.

EDIT: What/how many pups you putting in there?
Quote by savage94
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/guitarplans/Web%20Images/Previews/Travel25.jpg

like this? sorry this is the only mini lp plan i've ever seen.

That's a travelling guitar, Not Mini LP. It could work though. Just gotta change the headstock, and chage routing, also, the bridge style too. Pickguard way to big.

I have 2 mini strats on my wall though. One problem though, It's about 7 inches. So it's really mini.

Quote by blandguitar
pm bv310 (not sure about the number) he has plans. maybe a mini LP in them

Fixed.
He e-mailed me the templates he had. I'll see if theres a mini lp in there. I doubt it though.

EDIT: From what I can see, I don't have any.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Jul 25, 2009,
or you could just buy one from guitar center for like 70.00 and mod the hell out of it? lol
if you PM me your email I can send you a PDF file of a les paul which can easily be scaled down to correct sizes.

If you want to check out less tall guitars for some inspiration
i dont get it.
if the les paul is a smaller version of this
then uhh, your making a small version of a small version of a guitar?
i am confuddled.

but anywho, the idea of a small guitar sounds fun, but what's the scale lenth? still full size neck or a smaller one?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by timbit2006
Why not make it full scale? You could take a LPs body schematic, then scale it down to size to make it mini.
Not sure if that'd work though.

EDIT: Imo, mini LPs look ridiculous.

I figured they'd be less materials cost on a Mini LP, plus I think it would be quite awesome. Certainly something 'different'.

As for scaling down, I thought about doing that but I wasn't sure what scale it should go to.

Quote by j.c.b.
Several guys are working on these in the mylespaul.com forums. Try poking your head in the luthiers corner over there and asking maybe? Good luck.

Alright, I found a bit of stuff in there doing some research, I'll go ahead and ask.

Quote by timbit2006
KICKASS! I was right!

I have a warning, so I guess I need to post another helpful thing with this post.

Don't shrink the neck.
It looks really big too. Ridiculously big.

EDIT: What/how many pups you putting in there?

I'm not sure yet, I'm thinking either a single HB, or a HB-SC config.

Quote by blandguitar
i'm not sure dude. just do an LP and scale it 3/4 or 7/8

This has answered my above worry.

Quote by metal-matt
i dont get it.
if the les paul is a smaller version of this
then uhh, your making a small version of a small version of a guitar?
i am confuddled.

but anywho, the idea of a small guitar sounds fun, but what's the scale lenth? still full size neck or a smaller one?

It's a smaller neck, I looked around and it seems they are in between 20" and 21".
Some fella said he was building one with a 20.7" scale length, but an ESP one says, 20.3175.

Thanks for the replies guys,
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
You aren't saving on materials that much. Your probably wasting more material, If your buying a body blank.
it depends what woods your using, you could get a board of pine cheap, or maybe you have a lumber yard which can supply you with wood that's not to big so that you don't waste any.

Depending on the size you rescale it to, you have to be careful about which hardware, frets, etc you need.

Another thing you could build is an octave guitar which is a sized down guitar to about ukulele size. It's then tuned up an octave so that the first fret is actually the 12th fret on a normal guitar.