Hello this is gonna be the Warlock Thread!
One question, wuts a really cool song to learn on The Warlock?
I have a digitech Rp50, a small BC rich amp, and a Bronze Warlock with one volume knob
I wanna learn a really really heavy distortion song
anyways welcome to the Warlock Thread!

THE RULES
1. Follow all Rules
2. Listen to Rule #1
3. You must have a Warlock of some kind to post in here
4. You Don't have to talk only about warlocks, u can ask about tone, tabs and other stuff too.
5. Warlocks Rule
6. Don't Spam!
7. Don't bash on other guitars or amps
8. Have Fun!
I GOT A LES PAUL YAY!!!
Last edited by TheKop at Jul 25, 2009,
Actually I have found out that Warlocks don't rule, I own one and it's OK (it's the Revenge one in white) even though I think that it helps when you learn hard songs or medium songs and then play it on a good neck of other guitar, you find out that you're better than what you think xD
I think this thread is going to be bashed but well, I kinda hate my RW because it just doesn't hold tune for a day or two... but still an OK guitar for me

As for a song... any of Slayer, even though I learned Metropolis Pt.1 on it
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ in Lemon Drop
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Michael Kelly 1953 in Blue Jean Wash
-Yamaha C40M
Quote by Hydra26
^ That logic doesn't follow. There's already separate Les Paul, SG, and any number of threads for specific models.

Now, I will say warlocks are not as universally liked. I have one I played for years. It was my only axe and I learned a lot on it, but in the long run i came to find it has a lot of deficiencies. But it's still a fun guitar and it has loads of sentimental value for me.

But the SG and Les Paul are common guitars among guitar players. Most guitar players know that.

And those threads are more open. Many brands copy the SG and Les Paul design.

Most guitar players know that a Warlock isn't as common, hence why a thread shouldn't have been made and a post should have been made in the BC Rich Players thread.
Quote by TheKop
Hello this is gonna be the Warlock Thread!
One question, wuts a really cool song to learn on The Warlock?
I have a digitech Rp50, a small BC rich amp, and a Bronze Warlock with one volume knob
I wanna learn a really really heavy distortion song
anyways welcome to the Warlock Thread!

THE RULES
1. Follow all Rules
2. Listen to Rule #1
3. You must have a Warlock of some kind to post in here
4. You Don't have to talk only about warlocks, u can ask about tone, tabs and other stuff too.
5. Warlocks Rule
6. Don't Spam!
7. Don't bash on other guitars or amps
8. Have Fun!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by RiksRiks
Actually I have found out that Warlocks don't rule, I own one and it's OK (it's the Revenge one in white) even though I think that it helps when you learn hard songs or medium songs and then play it on a good neck of other guitar, you find out that you're better than what you think xD
I think this thread is going to be bashed but well, I kinda hate my RW because it just doesn't hold tune for a day or two... but still an OK guitar for me

As for a song... any of Slayer, even though I learned Metropolis Pt.1 on it

You have good taste lol. I own that EXACT same model lol.

Yeah I'm saving for a jackson wr1 usa warrior.

As for song learn Pull the Plug by Death....if you dare.

Or Silent Night, Bodom Night, that seems to be popular

both of those songs are in D standard.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by TheBodomBullet
You have good taste lol. I own that EXACT same model lol.

Yeah I'm saving for a jackson wr1 usa warrior.

As for song learn Pull the Plug by Death....if you dare.

Or Silent Night, Bodom Night, that seems to be popular

both of those songs are in D standard.

Does yours have tuning issues too? I hate them, but as someone said before, it has a lot of sentimental value for me
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ in Lemon Drop
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Michael Kelly 1953 in Blue Jean Wash
-Yamaha C40M
Quote by RiksRiks
Does yours have tuning issues too? I hate them, but as someone said before, it has a lot of sentimental value for me

I've had issues but not tuning issues.

I have a lot of dead notes/frets up from the 12th fret and my volume knob came off one time and me and my dad had to fix that in the garage.

Besides that I've chipped it like 2-3 times.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
The warlock was my first GAS Then the ironbird. Ended up getting a Gibson V instead. Thank God I did. I'd love a high quality warlock though. How are they sitting down? I never really wanted to play the crappy ones at GC(bronze platinum, Revenge) because of the poor woods and such.
http://www.bcrich.com/warlock_exotic.asp I'd love to find one of these. Cant ever find though. GC and MF dont carry them, and none are on craigslist. I'd perfer used though. Its probably over $500, and I'd rather buy somthing with more than one pickup for that price. Mabie an agile Ghost
Deluxe edition warlocks are pretty nice. Mine stays in tune for days as long as you dont do really crazy 2 step bends on it.
Obviously Fassa.
i own a bc rich NJ series warlock
i think it's alright, I like the feel of the neck, but the tuning slips like a bitch, and the tones aren't great.
In a soundcheck there's never too much guitar. Just not enough of all the other instruments.

Quote by skwelcher
i dont think theres any reason to buy a gibson when you can buy an epi that looks the same
I've got a Warlock and it's alright, but it does chip extremely easily, which is annoying if you have OCD
My Gear...
Guitars:
-BC Rich Warlock
-Washburn WI16 G15
-Fender Strat
-Vintage V8BRQ

Amps:
-Line 6 Spider III 75w

Peds:
-Line 6 FBV Express MK II

ROCK ON SIRS!

lol @ the rules.

My two other bandmates each have a Bronze Warlock. I think both were custom painted (one's like a midnight blue burst, I know the other one was custom painted). The neck is great, but the body is uncomfortable. And the pickups on both are dead (one Warlock had rusted SD pickups and a rusted Floyd Rose, the other had stock BC Rich pickups and they just died).