a while ago I downloaded tux guitar because a GP file was corrupt and i couldn't open it. i then removed Tuxguitar but now when i want to open a powertab file i have to save the file 1st before i can view it, instead of 'open' it says 'search'
this is annoying.
i tried re-downloading Powertab, but it's the same.
can anyone help me?
did you right click the file and go to properties or whatever and chose what program will open that type of file (program being powertab)?
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
did you right click the file and go to properties or whatever and chose what program will open that type of file (program being powertab)?

i did in the beginning, but not after downloading tux
i forgot about that
i'll try that
Quote by toine
could you help me explaining how/ where to change that? :s

right click the power tab file, click properties, change, if powertab isnt in the list click browse near the bottom and go through your program files until you reach the power tab folder, open it, and select PTeditor.
Quote by toine
could you help me explaining how/ where to change that? :s

if you're on Windows, i think it's right-click on the file then properties or "open with" and choose the program you want to open it with. meh :S

if you're on Linux and GNOME, right click on the file, and "Open With Other Application". you'll see a list. if Tuxguitar isn't there you can type it in manually ('tuxguitar').
to assign Tuxguitar as the main program for the file type, right click and "Properties", and click on the "Open With" tab and the rest is the same as previously.a
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
right click the power tab file, click properties, change, if powertab isnt in the list click browse near the bottom and go through your program files until you reach the power tab folder, open it, and select PTeditor.

thank you!!
it was already on ptb, but i reclicked it and now it works!!
thank you for your help

Quote by toine
thank you!!
it was already on ptb, but i reclicked it and now it works!!
thank you for your help

Shveet, a mutha f*ckin E-cookie