Hello guys.
As in my last(and first) topic I would love some tips to a new amp. The last thread was originaly for a new guitar, but i also need a new amp (which was a little discussed, but it fits better here).
I play mainly Metallica, Iron Maiden, Satriani ect. but alot of other generes too.
Price ~450 USD.

The main problem is that I live in Norway, and I could'nt find dealers for the amps some of you suggested in my earlier thread, so finding a good amp which I can buy in a norwegian store could be difficult.

Thanks for all answers.
Last edited by Wuvahef at Jul 26, 2009,
Yes, I guess I could done that, but it's a little easier to just order a amp which they already got. Order from the internet is even better I think.
Well, my plan is to buy the guitar (Ibanez S470) from a internet store, and i got two diffrent stores with the same price, so i think the best would be to order the guitar and the amp from the same site.
However it's too maney amps for me to write down here, so if you suggested some it might be easier. I can tell that i haven't found blackstar or B-52 in a singe site (so far), so they may be unavaible.
Of course, buying from two different sites can be done.
Last edited by Wuvahef at Jul 25, 2009,
Haha, it turns out that one of the amps the other guy(in the other thread) suggested actually is in one of the sites i can order from.
It's this one.
What do you guys think?
Last edited by Wuvahef at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by connorhxcchaos
theyre a new company and still need to improve the products they sell...
get this one, its brilliant
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100DFX-Combo-?sku=483190
for a start, musicians friend do not ship to europe, unfortunately (they do ship a few lesser known brands internationally)
second, that amp is not very good, not for the price.

thomman.de
musicstore.com
maxguitarstore.com
musicproductiv.de

they are all shops to look into. one is based in the netherlands, while the other three, germany.

what is your budget in euro, which is the currency you will be using, not usd?
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Jul 26, 2009,
I can't find a site which sells B-52 amp, if I had one i would buy it.

And let's say 350€
There are no B-52 retailers in Europe.

This is a little over your budget, but the 30 watt version is also availible.
http://www.thomann.de/ie/vox_vt50.htm

If you are not gigging, this is ideal, but once again, over your budget by €50. If you could stretch it, I'm sure you will be pleased.
http://www.thomann.de/ie/blackstar_ht5_combo.htm

This is nice.
http://www.thomann.de/ie/orange_ad5.htm
I prefer ordering from a norwegian site, but the VOX VT50 (and VT30) was there.
Would you prefer VT30 over the Blackheart i linked?
or another amp. Or should i save a little and buy a better? Could i afford a much better amp if i had 600 USD?
I don't know of any Norwegian site, unfortunately. Why do you want to specifically order from one? And also, why are you talking in US dollars and linking to American websites that won't ship to Norway?

The Vox VT50 is more ideal if you were jamming with a band. It also has effects, amp modellers and four channels - which would be great for Satriani.

The Blackheart, on the other hand, has richer, darker tones courtesy of an EL84 and 12AX7, but is only really suitable for blues on wide basis. I personally found some knarly heavy-rock tones, but it's not got the tight compression some prefer when playing hard-rock and metal. A tubescreamer of some form, along with a distortion pedal, should give you all the gain you will likely need.
It is a nice amp.
For Satriani and Metallica, the Blackstar HT-5 is a more suitable option though.
I said it would be easier to order the guitar and the amp from one site, but also said that it's no problem to order from diffrent sites. If I find a nice amp and it's on a site where the guitar is, I'll order it.

Well, the reason I say the price in USD is because its easier for you. If i had said it in norwegian kroner you wouldn't have a clue how much it is. Of course, i could said the price in Euro, but as i said, i prefer ordernig from a norwegian site, so it wouldn't make any differance.

And the reason I linked to the sites I did, was just because some people in the last thread did it, so i didn't bother finding the amp another place.

But would VOX VT50 be overkill for single use? Eventuallo VOX VT30. I would buy Blackstar HT-5, but can't find it
Last edited by Wuvahef at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by Wuvahef
I said it would be easier to order the guitar and the amp from one site, but also said that it's no problem to order from diffrent sites. If I find a nice amp and it's on a site where the guitar is, I'll order it.
I didn't notice that, sorry. Is the website you're buying your guitar from in English?
Well, the reason I say the price in USD is because its easier for you. If i had said it in norwegian kroner you wouldn't have a clue how much it is. Of course, i could said the price in Euro, but as i said, i prefer ordernig from a norwegian site, so it wouldn't make any differance.
Price in USD is not easy for me because I will shopping in America, which often doesn't have the same amplifiers that Europians have, and visa versa.
And I didn't actually realise Norway wasn't in the Europian Union (or at least use the currency as other Europian countries)
And the reason I linked to the sites I did, was just because some people in the last thread did it, so i didn't bother finding the amp another place.

But would VOX VT50 be overkill for single use? Eventuallo VOX VT30. I would buy Blackstar HT-5, but can't find it
To answer your old question, yes bumping your budget from $450 to $600 will give you a better amp.
The Vox VT30 should be fine.

Have you got a link of the website you were looking at?
No, the site is not in english.
Ok i will buy the VOX VT30, unless the Blackeheart BH5-112 is better.
Last bump (hopefully), so everyone agrees that the VOX > Blackheart?
I would go with the Blackheart because I don't like the VTs but that's just me...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Yeah, a guy in a norwegian forum said the same, he ment VT was crap.
And blackheart was love at first sight, so I'll buy it.

Thanks for all answers! Great forum
If you haven't played either of them, I'd strongly suggest looking up clips. In essence, the Blackheart has far superior tones, but you are limited. It has only one channel, doesn't have inbuilt effects and lacks the amount of gain that the VT has.

I hate using Youtube videos as examples, but this demonstrates what you can get with this amp if you shell out on extra pedals. But you could just get a better amp for that money.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYj1_3A5ock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uACfzWYMMYQ
But if I would choose the blackheart, should i buy the combo amp, or the stack? (I hope you understand me)

But ok, I've watched some demos of both amps, and I've changed my mind, the VT30 seems like a better choice (for my use.). Because of the effects, and so on.
Last edited by Wuvahef at Jul 28, 2009,