Page 1 of 2
lol smartarses, i mucked up the title D;

we all learned guitar somehow... like mine is really stupid, i learned to play because my freind played guitar hero and i said i bet guitars easy, i have had 2 whole years and i still cant proove it. i did always want to learn guitar though but i just wanted to try, hooked ever since tbh

discuss ^.^

btw i bet someone will say "SEARCHBAR, THATS HOW I LEARNED!!11" tbh, i cba going and reviving a year old thread D;
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Last edited by neo14085 at Jul 25, 2009,
The first thing I did was got born.
I took up breathing shortly after, which is a pretty cool hobby, I guess. I practice it to this day, and I've joined the National Breathing Society.
i was simply bored and felt like doing it. and its been around a year since i started
a friend of mine had to learn it from his dad, be he didn't really liked it , so i played his guitar and read his guitarbooks.
i'm glad i did
I used to spread the word of God before my untimely execution, but then I rose again.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Last edited by I.O.T.M at Jul 25, 2009,
Busted

Quote by stroker93
That is the best deal I have EVER seen Loooza

^ yes, the best deal he has ever seen came from me!!! (Take it as you want!!! )

I LOVE THE VAMP LESTAT AND GUITARGUY01!!!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Guitar Hero.

sue me.

Die, garbage man.

I started after I first heard Appetite for Destruction in it's entirety. Great guitar album, I was hooked on it.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I was about eleven, my parents said i had to learn an instrument, piano sounded boring so i picked up the guitar. been playin for 6 years.
id be lying if i said guitar hero didnt have a small hand in it. but my main influence was i loved music, and i REALLY needed a hobby away from a tv/computer screen...so i started on bass and moved to guitar after a year or so. iv never taken it too seriously, its an off and on hobby for me, but i love researching and comparing new gear.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by neo14085
how did you first start doing guitar?

well, it has an input..what's the hard part? ('cept your boner)
Quote by dgme92
Die, garbage man.

I started after I first heard Appetite for Destruction in it's entirety. Great guitar album, I was hooked on it.

the first three letters of your name are like a acronym of my name!

my teacher also asked if i wanted guitar lessons (i requested after being betted on the guitar hero thing) and i accepted, i'll never put the guitar down again.

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
There was this trunk in my basement and when I was young I could never go in it. My dad finally showed me when I was like like 13 or so and in it was his old bright red Kramer Striker. Beautiful. Ever since then I've wanted to play guitar. Been about 4 years now.
Last edited by Gregray88 at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by DeaThrash
well, it has an input..what's the hard part? ('cept your boner)

Well done DeaThrash, you've managed to lower the average IQ of this thread by one hundred with your post. A golf clap to you, fine sir.

S A D B O Y S
I thought guitar kicked ass.
So I got my parents to get me a guitar when I was six.
And I've been playing ever since.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
the first three letters of your name are like a acronym of my name!

Or rather, your username is like putting words to the letters in my username?

But yes, I never thought of it that way. Now, if you were born in '92, that would just be too crazy to be mere coincidence.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Found a crappy yahama strat, found Ultimate-guitar, learned tabs, learned smoke on the water.
i saw a cheap guitar on toys'r'us so i bought and my neighbor taught my the basics then i just went online for the rest

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain
Omfg Same ^^ I Bought My First Electric From Toys R Us And The First Fret Buzzed Like Heck, The Bridge Was Too Low Down!!!

High Five For Our Stupidity.

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
I listened to Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica in junior high and was like "ZOMG I WANNA PLAY LIEK DAT!" So my parents got me one of those Squier starter packs.
Quote by neo14085
Omfg Same ^^ I Bought My First Electric From Toys R Us And The First Fret Buzzed Like Heck, The Bridge Was Too Low Down!!!

High Five For Our Stupidity.

High Five For Capitalising The First Letter Of Every Word!

S A D B O Y S
i heard maroon 5 and wanted to play the solo from harer to breath...still cant...but its brought me more confidence and more friends and a better taste in music
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
wtf? how the heck did i do that? xD

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
my cousin played (he was my idol when I was small), then my best friend picked it up and I started playing.
My sister got a guitar for her birthday one year and never touched it. I picked it up one day just randomly. It had 3 strings.
I started playing it more and more then got a keyboard, I played that for a little while, learned a bunch of chords. Then I got a guitar. Then my band needed a bass player. Thats how I came to bass.
i started cuz my dad played and i wanted to get into it too but i started when he left his acoustic and he taught me the intro to smoke on the water then i just built on that by myself
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Something to do?
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Quote by Mudmen190
My sister got a guitar for her birthday one year and never touched it. I picked it up one day just randomly.

same for me.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Me and a friend wanted to play the stuff we listened to so we gots ourselves some guitars and played them.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
In denmark we have these "boarding" schools, after 8th or 9th grade where you can take a "pause" from school by not doing really serious school work and do something else with people at the school. They offered guitar-lessons and i just though what the hell it's either this or windsurfing. They also offered extra lesson in exchange for more money and my friends got that, and that really motivated me, because i kinda competed with him even though i didnt take the extra classes

Sorry for wall of text.
Last edited by dogmax at Jul 25, 2009,
My dad had two acoustic guitars that he got for free that he can't play, for whatever reasons. They were both vintage and sounded good initially.
I started learning on one of them, and instantly loved it.
My dad managed to break that one somehow, and the other one is/became impossible to tune.
That halted my practice for about 3 months, until I bought an electric guitar.
I had guitar pro for two years, and had been doing some childish compositions based on real songs for a while before I learned guitar. I already had accumulated a collection of guitar pro tabs, and I learned to play my favorite songs, and the generic Smoke on the Water, Iron Man, Stairway to Heaven kind of stuff.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
SCHOOL OF THE ROCK. SAW IT WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, AND NEW IWANTED TO PLAY GUITAR. bEEN PLAYING 3 YEARS NOW.
One day when I was 10, I just decided "I want to play guitar." I picked up the family strat copy, and never left since.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
i quit the middle school band after 2 years of playing saxophone because the directors were Nazis(not antisemitic, but you get the picture) and i wanted to continue music and i had a job at my parent's coffee shop. there was a guitar store across the street. i worked all summer to get a Crate strat copy and 10w amp. i haven't stopped playing guitar since. to this day I've only been playin 2 years. i think im doin pretty well for 2 years. I've almost got 5 string sweeps down.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Last edited by skwelcher at Jul 26, 2009,
As stupid as this may sound but, I learned because one of my best friends who happened to be a girl, asked me to. I loved it ever since.
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Page 1 of 2