I was reading a thread about the vox wahs and everybody says they are terrible with distortion. But when i put a thread up asking for a guns n roses wah pedal, everyone reccomended the vox. What do i get?! I need one that would be perfect for sweet child o mine in particular. Oh, and under 100 dollars.
Gear
Fender MIM hss strat 1997
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
which morley?
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
Ah, I just replied to your other thread , look at the power and bad horsie morley, or the 535q or Crybaby from hell. I think you'll need to go for the morleys for your budget.
um, i use a vox 847 wah with distortion all the time, both light and heavy... maybe i'm missing something completely, but I honestly don't see what everybody is complaining about: it works like a charm for me...
If Clapton could use often-fully cranked late 60's Marshall heads with one in Cream and retain tone, and Jimi could do similarly with one through his fuzz pedals, you'll be fine unless you're playing death metal or something, in which case yes, get the Morley as advised.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
If Clapton could use often-fully cranked late 60's Marshall heads with one in Cream and retain tone, and Jimi could do similarly with one through his fuzz pedals, you'll be fine unless you're playing death metal or something, in which case yes, get the Morley as advised.

Neither Clapton nor Hendrix sound anywhere similar to Slash's tone, which is want he wants, and I seriously doubt he's gonna ever achieve it with any setup involving the vox.
Vox wah sucks with high gain, its a fact. I suggest getting a wizard wah. But seeing your budget, a Morley would be your best bet. They work really great with high gain.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by greenwoodfan93
Neither Clapton nor Hendrix sound anywhere similar to Slash's tone, which is want he wants, and I seriously doubt he's gonna ever achieve it with any setup involving the vox.

I did not know that. He asked whether or not it worked well with distortion, I provided two examples of what I find kickass that do. You are correct he'd not likely to get a wah tone similar to Slash's with one though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
They can definitely handle high gain. Michael Amott from Arch Enemy used one for the longest time (not sure if he still does), and he used Peavey 5150s and guitars tuned down to C. I personally like the sweep of Vox wahs; they're very sweet and can definitely get a Slash sound.
Ok, im totally lost. Everyone says no to vox with distortion except for rg fanman and robert I, and the morleys you recommended are out of my price range.
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
Last edited by fender--player1 at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by fender--player1
Ok, im totally lost. Everyone says no to vox with distortion except for rg fanman and robert I, and the morleys you recommended are out of my price range.

All I know is that the vox wah works great for me, its been continuously described as "versatile" by many respected artists, I know that all kinds of bands, from jazz to funk to rock to glam rock to hard rock to metal to heavy metal, use vox wahs, I know a lot of people keep saying it's no good, but personally I wouldn't recommend you anything else
i cant vouch for any of the other morleys, but with the BHII, if you use alot of distortion you will lose a TON of your sweep
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Well, i guess i'll take my chances and just buy the vox. Oh, i dont have any music stores within 2 hours from where i live, so i cant test it out.
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
Hey, TS, the Morley power wah should be within your budget and it'll be a lot better than the Vox for what you want.
Oh, the Morley IS actually less expensive than the vox. I think i will get that instead! I guess in this situation, i'm just paying for the name really. Thanks guys, i will repost in a while to let you know how i like it!
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
Ok, so i emailed a guy on craigslist and he as a morley pro series 2 for 20 bucks. Is that a good deal? its in mint condition
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
Alright, i asked if he will ship it cuz hes like 10 hours away, so im just waiting for an email back if he will. Fingers crossed!
Gear
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.