can anyone give me suggestions? i have a crate gt 65 and a esp ltd mh-400....

i was thinkin of the boss D-1, metal core, or the metal zone... all boss brand.
What genres/bands do you play/want to sound like?

And in any circumstance only get the DS-1 if you plan to mod it, I don't know about the metal core though.
Last edited by greenwoodfan93 at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by greenwoodfan93
What genres/bands do you play/want to sound like?

And in any circumstance avoid the metal zone, and only get the DS-1 if you plan to mod it, I don't know about the metal core though.

why are you telling him to avoid the mt-2 ?
Last edited by Baraga at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by joshmitchell34
i preety much just play thrash metal and rock, bands like metallica, iron maiden, and megadeth

Sorry, but you really haven't narrowed it down enough. Go to a store and try every tube amp they have. Get an idea of what every the different brands and amps sound like.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Baraga
why are you telling him to avoid the mt-2 ?

Sorry, my bad, I was mistaking it for a different pedal, yeah, the Mt-2 is in fact a pretty good distortion.

Also, TS, yeah it would be helpful to narrow it down a bit more, which particular guitarists would you like to imitate?
probably kirk hammett,.. or adrian smith... but i like the heavy sound that metallica makes from older albums... so james or kirk..
Hmmm, well, as far as I know Hammett uses a tubescreamer into a tube amp on a low gain setting, so you could try messing around with that to see if you get something you like in conjunction with your amp. But an Mt-2 is also a decent pedal for that kind of sound.
imo i hate the mt-2, it sounds really digital. I guess its better than the metal core though. I guess the BOSS DS-1 is ok if you can get it modded. I would really suggest looking into other brands though.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by Mitchell?
No.

Digitech Hardwire TL-2.

agreed. The Hardwire series blows BOSS pedals out of the water

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.