sorry cant answer your question, but im wondering how much you like your marshall mg? ive had the 30w mgcd for almost 10 years now and i like it. what i really want is a lead 12 stack! played through my friend's once and it was spectacular!
Quote by SYLrules88
sorry cant answer your question, but im wondering how much you like your marshall mg? ive had the 30w mgcd for almost 10 years now and i like it. what i really want is a lead 12 stack! played through my friend's once and it was spectacular!

Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by MetalGrayFox
Which one of the Blackstar Distortion Pedals is the best in your opinion, and why? Thanks

The Blackstar pedals are good, I liked them alot. The only one i tried wwas the one with two distortions. The ISF knob is great, and the fact that it has a 3-band EQ made it stand out for me. Tube distortion is a good idea if you don't like you SS amps drive. Imo, sell your MG100dfx and buy a small tube amp, then worry about pedals. If you MUST get a pedal, then the Blackstar is a good choice.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I have a HT-DISTX, and it is safe to say, I am a fanboy . I'm not sure how it would sound thru a MG100, but I don't believe it will do it complete justice! They're a little pricey, but you know what they say....you get what you pay for.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by SYLrules88

Why do you want another of the possibly worst amp series ever made?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by SYLrules88

I never really use my MG. I always connect my guitar to a TonePort, and play it via my laptop to my stereo speakers. (I have some pretty damn nice speakers )
I love the options a have when being able to use millions of effects for free on my laptop

I was also wondering. Both my guitars have active pu's. I've read that this will cause a lot of noise with the blackstar pedals. Any experience with that?
Last edited by MetalGrayFox at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by MetalGrayFox
I never really use my MG. I always connect my guitar to a TonePort, and play it via my laptop to my stereo speakers. (I have some pretty damn nice speakers )
I love the options a have when being able to use millions of effects for free on my laptop

I was also wondering. Both my guitars have active pu's. I've read that this will cause a lot of noise with the blackstar pedals. Any experience with that?

It all depends on the output of your pickups, all of my instruments have active electronics & I'm fine, just abit of feedback, but nothing you wouldn't normally get with a high gain pedal/amp & active electronics, it shouldn't create a stupid amount of noise
the pickups will be fine. don't worry about. what i will suggest you worry about is how well a blackstar will take to an mg.

Quote by stinger12345
I have a HT-DISTX, and it is safe to say, I am a fanboy . I'm not sure how it would sound thru a MG100, but I don't believe it will do it complete justice! They're a little pricey, but you know what they say....you get what you pay for.
... that's an understatement.

the marshall mg series was designed as a cheap modelling amplifier that folks could use to practise on. the point of them was that they wouldn't require additional effects/stomp boxes, and thus, the creators didn't make the sound applicable for them. in other words, don't buy a pedal when you have an mg, particularly one that costs nearly $200. imo, you will waisting your money.
i thought the dual pedal was the best. not that the others were bad, they just werent as good. i thought most of the pedals sounded pretty similar, just with different levels of gain available. so tonally i didnt find a huge difference in say the distortion and distortion X, just the X had extra gain. which is why the dual was the best, it gave you the most options. unfortunatly the two channels cant be chained together, but switching between them is still pretty nice.