Im thinking about changing my pickups on my ESP/LTD EX i play mostly old school thrash, but the band I joined has more of a nu-metal sound that plays mostly in dropped tunings, so I want a pickup that sounds for both styles I narrowed my choices to these 4

Seymour Duncan Blackouts
Dimarzio PAF Pros
EMG H4A
and EMG 81s

The reviews I read on these were very vague, so I was wondering if I could get some help in choosing
save the money you'd spend on pickups and put it in your triple rec. fund.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Amp first, pickup wise, Blackouts or 81's, the dimarzios I don't think would sound too good for thrash, and I have heard bad reviews about the H4A. Both would work, the Blackouts are more versatile, the 81's are heavier and less noisy. Your choice.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Quote by mikeyElite
save the money you'd spend on pickups and put it in your triple rec. fund.

i agree with my fellow new jersey-an.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
the money for the amp wont be a problem i should have it in 2 months, and we wont be playing any shows in that time so i figured id change the pickups anyway either now or after i get it
wait til after, cause after you get the amp, you may not even wanna change the pickups at all.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i should get my mesa in about a month or a month and a half too.

Can't wait.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET