This isn't entirely political in nature, but more social, although it does mention politics.

It seems like since Obama has won the election, race/skin color has become EVEN MORE of an issue than it was before. I **** you not, the last 3 days I've logged onto my Google homepage, the top news links have been regarding race.

For Example: Here is today's TOP headline
CNN: Analysis: Race is a Daunting Challenge for Obama.

Does the media SERIOUSLY have nothing better to report on than this? They must being suffering withdrawals from the massive reporting they did on Michael Jackson's(RIP) death.

Honestly though, has anyone else noticed this, and has it bothered you? Or am I alone in my bitching about this?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Barack Obama isn't even completely black, i feel cheated.
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
you be bitchin son, thats how we do in the hood. Now dawg, I be straight up with you, k? I firmly believe in the premises you have brought for us for discussion. Now regarding my opinion, I will maintain my reticence and politely watch others discuss.
I saw a graph once where it charted the rise of global warming and the decrease of pirates, and went on to say that they were correlated.

which brings me to my point that its a coincidence.
there always has been news about race everyday
Quote by SGstriker
FML

It's okay man.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by Myfirstpubes
you be bitchin son, thats how we do in the hood. Now dawg, I be straight up with you, k? I firmly believe in the premises you have brought for us for discussion. Now regarding my opinion, I will maintain my reticence and politely watch others discuss.

Thank you, Xzibit.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Urgh, and there's that stupid thing about Obama calling a cop stupid for arresting a black professor...
If race doesn't matter, it should be all the time, not just sometimes.
I like Obama, i think he'll do good things for the US, but for now, i reckon the world's in a period of adjustment. It'll settle down soon I reckon.
I know you think that I'm someone you can trust.
But I'm scared i'll get scared and i swear i'll try to nail you back up.

Female SouperHero
Quote by DieGarbageMan
I saw a graph once where it charted the rise of global warming and the decrease of pirates, and went on to say that they were correlated.

which brings me to my point that its a coincidence.
there always has been news about race everyday

Flying Spaghetti Monster FTW.
I know you think that I'm someone you can trust.
But I'm scared i'll get scared and i swear i'll try to nail you back up.

Female SouperHero
I don't notice this, but that's probably because I keep myself out of news/politics & stuff as much as possible really, it's not that I don't like it, it's just I can't be bothered with hearing/reading new stuff that barely effects me
Quote by cofinboy
Flying Spaghetti Monster FTW.

RAMEN!
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Its this political correction BS. Because an African-American is in charge, more precautions have gone up surrounding race. Basically, the people who control this country are giving blacks true equality (which they deserve) but a few are taking control of it and using the race card to get out of trouble i.e. "is it because i'm black" "diplomatic immunity" etc.
News channels don't seem to have very much to report anymore. One of the latest I saw was somebody saw Jay Leno at Subway after he left the Tonight Show. They'll put up whatever gets them by.
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
Quote by SGstriker
This isn't entirely political in nature, but more social, although it does mention politics.

It seems like since Obama has won the election, race/skin color has become EVEN MORE of an issue than it was before. I **** you not, the last 3 days I've logged onto my Google homepage, the top news links have been regarding race.

Does the media SERIOUSLY have nothing better to report on than this? They must being suffering withdrawals from the massive reporting they did on Michael Jackson's(RIP) death.

Honestly though, has anyone else noticed this, and has it bothered you? Or am I alone in my bitching about this?
Yes. No. Pretty much.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
That's the medias man.

Desesperated drama whores ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by kevC4 at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by SGstriker

(Invalid img)
COLOURFUL SIGNATURE

compliment from fellow UGer
Quote by Myfirstpubes

is it bad that the only thing i understood was "you be bitchin son, thats how we do in the hood. Now dawg, I be straight up with you, k?"

i think the media is complete BS to be honest
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Touched by his noodly appendage.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
It's always going to be a sensitive subject. Lets not forget when the Irish first came here though and the signs that read in the windows "Irish need not apply" or how we essentially raped and pillaged this land from the Native Americans...
Obama's campaign made race a much bigger issue than it was before. Obviously it would have become an issue on its own, him being the first black president and all, but he helped push the issue by playing the race card to his advantage in capaigns. By saying he wasn't going to play the race card, he did just that, and any mention of race together with his name instantly became unforgivably racist. this caused race to become a huge subject in politics, much bigger than it would have been.

For the record, I detest Obama.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by luke-kelly-777
Irish - Black - ?????

My point is discrimination, it's going to happen to everyone, not just African Americans. The Irish got it pretty nasty too yet no one seems to remember that. Do you see the Native Americans making this kind of scene, where's our Native American President?