I am trying to capture guitar/vocals to the computer, and use an RC-20XL (mic+guitar inputted to it). I have a 3.5mm cable that I connect from the AUX IN here:

to the MIC IN on the back of the sound card, here is mine (M-Audio Revolution 7.1 PCI):

However, I've tried Audacity (all recording input devices tried), and none have worked to capture anything. I'm sure I'm doing this wrong, I suppose I was hoping I wouldn't need to get a mixer. Is it as simple as having to buy one, or is there another route? Thanks for any help.
Takamine EG341SC
Godin Freeway Classic -> Boss TU-2 -> Fulltone OCD -> MXR M173 -> Boss RC-20XL -> Traynor YCV50 Blue
try the line in.

also, open Volume Control -> Options -> Properties -> Line in/Mic in (OK). make sure they aren't muted, and try adjusting the Recording fader.

EDIT!!!: just realized you're trying to use the AUX In. that's for sending MP3 or other audio through the looper to, i assume, make a sample of it and loop it.

you're gonna need a 1/4" cable with a 1/8" adapter from the OUTPUT of the pedal and then plug it into the Mic in/Line in on your sound card.
Last edited by gnomieowns at Jul 25, 2009,
the "aux in" is an input, not an output. you need to connect the "output" to the "line in" on the soundcard.
Aw shucks, that just hit me as well when I looked at my looper again and saw, well, AUX IN lol. Brainless after all that Dr. Pepper today.

I shall grab the little adapter tomorrow, thanks for pointing it out fellas.
Takamine EG341SC
Godin Freeway Classic -> Boss TU-2 -> Fulltone OCD -> MXR M173 -> Boss RC-20XL -> Traynor YCV50 Blue