Okay, I've given up on waiting for an amp popping up on EBay or crawling through my craigslist not knowing what to look for. I need an amp SOON, so I don't have enough time to sit around and wait for Ebay, or for a specific amp to jump up on craigslist.

Would anyone mind looking through 2 sites for me, and showing me what you think would be worth checking out?

I have $120 gift card to Daddy's Junky Music
http://daddys.com/

And then my local craigslist is:
http://burlington.craigslist.org/msg/

I just don't know what I'm looking for an what is a good price.

Only requirements is that it's a tube amp, and has decent cleans.

I don't care if it's a head or a combo. Under $500.

I guess at Daddy's, it could be under $600, because I have that giftcard there.
Ahh, I knew i forgetting something.

Mostly Post-Rock.

But some Metal. I plan on using a Rat 2 or a Big Muff, so the distortion doesn't really matter.
well, if it is a head will you have the cabinet for it?
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Yes, I will have a cabinet. I have 2 available. An old Peavey 5150 cab with Eminence speakers, or I could buy a cab with G12s from a friend. But that's not included in the price.
i'd say go with an orange TT if you like that tone, i do. if you want a great combo, then try and find a music man for cheap on ebay, they usually go for around 500 to 600 usd. i have 3 of them, i love them all.

-ae
The Hot Rod Deville on your CL, if you can talk the price down.

At Daddy's, check out the Fender Blues Deluxe, and the Deville. Also, the Vox AC50. Maybe the Peavey Classic?

EDIT: Definitely go for the Roland Jazz Chorus.
Last edited by Mitchell? at Jul 25, 2009,
Look for a used Peavey XXX 40w combo or the forerunner of the XXX the Peavey Triumph PAG 60w--all tube 1x12 combo or head. Ive seen used PAG 60s for $225-250 every once in a while on Daddys Junky's website.

I still have one I bought in 1992 and sitting next to a XXX I cant tell the differance.(i actually brought it with me to a store to try) Only thing to watch out for is the effects loop switch wears out but a $5 fix is to run a small patch cable from effects send to effects return jacks, if you dont run pedals in the effects loop that is. (Which was the reason I brought my Triumph PAG60 to the store for repairs, the tech gave me the cable for $5 and saved me a bundle.)
Quote by gumbilicious
i'd say go with an orange TT if you like that tone, i do. if you want a great combo, then try and find a music man for cheap on ebay, they usually go for around 500 to 600 usd. i have 3 of them, i love them all.

Here's a few Tiny terrors

http://burlington.craigslist.org/msg/1283845233.html
http://burlington.craigslist.org/msg/1276919438.html

EDIT: Also talk to this guy about his JCM 2000
http://burlington.craigslist.org/msg/1282305328.html
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 25, 2009,
The only thing I'm worried about [because the price of used Tiny Terrors seems to be around $450 - $550] is whether or not 15 watts is enough.

I need to be able to overpower a drummer and play in a room large enough to easily fit 200+ people.
Quote by Crydius
The only thing I'm worried about [because the price of used Tiny Terrors seems to be around $450 - $550] is whether or not 15 watts is enough.

I need to be able to overpower a drummer and play in a room large enough to easily fit 200+ people.

You can overpower a drummer with 15 watts easily, just don't expect to get cleans.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Then I guess the Tiny Terror is out.

So I guess I'm going to look at Peavey Classic 30?

I know there's a JCM2000 on our craigslist for $550. a DSL 50 watt. I'd love to be able to get that price down, but it seems like it's already dead bottom.
I can overpower a reasonable drummer with my AC15 with cleans....
Last edited by Mitchell? at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by Crydius
I know there's a JCM2000 on our craigslist for $550. a DSL 50 watt. I'd love to be able to get that price down, but it seems like it's already dead bottom.

That's still a decent price.... And Off topic I saw a JCM 2000 head for $250 on ebay less than 50 miles away from me... unfortunately i just bought an amp
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I'm going to see what I have for money. Assuming I have enough, I'm jumping at the JCM2000
Changed my mind, I think.

How does a guitar sound through a Bassman? I've heard great things about it, but I'm not sure exactly...

They go cheap ($300) which gives me $200 to buy a pedal board, or more pedals.
bassman is a guitar circuit, how it sounds depends on which era it is from. the tweed 5FA-6 circuit was highly copied during the 60's(like plexi's), and the circuit remained desirable through the black face era. i have not really heard many comments on the silver face bassman, but would have to assume they are less desirable than the blackface circuit which is almost always the case. but it should accept pedals well and be plenty loud enough. i have an asthetic copy(blue deville) and i dig on it.

-ae