Yesterday, I bought a Squier Classic Vibe and a Vox VT15 modelling amp. Today, it's hissing like crazy, even when the guitar is not plugged in. I have decided to take it back. Do you guys have any suggestion for amps that will give me a good metal sound? It doesnt have to be a modelling amp, just something in the same price range that will give me a decent Metallica/Iron maiden sound.

EDIT: While i'm there, should I return the guitar as well? What is another one in the same price range with humbucker pickups?

2nd Edit: Should I wait a bit longer (Until christmas or something) when i'll actually have a job and get something better. I live in N.Z, and that package of stuff cost me $1100 (Don't say it's a rip off, it's NZ, everything is expensive here.) If I had $3000, taking the price of what I bought before into account, what could I buy?
Last edited by GoldfishMoon at Jul 25, 2009,
It may just be the electrical outlet. Some outlets do produce a hiss, and its not the amps fault. Try a different outlet. Also, the Vypers do seem to buzz a bit anyways, but not that noticably, and not without a guitar plugged in. Whats your budget?

I would return the strat for a humbucker guitar. Maybe a Cheap Ibanez or an Epiphone Special 100?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Did you try a different outlet?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
Did you try a different outlet?

I tried two, still happening. Everything set to 0, including master volume, volume, gaine and the bass/middle/treble settings. The only way it goes away is if I set the wattage way down.
Quote by GoldfishMoon
I tried two, still happening. Everything set to 0, including master volume, volume, gaine and the bass/middle/treble settings. The only way it goes away is if I set the wattage way down.

did'nt you make a thread about this yesterday? -.- anyway i'd trade em both in.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I'd get a Peavey Valveking, and a Les Paul (not necessarily Gibson, because they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO overpriced)