Right, the "bullet" on my truss rod for my SG has come loose, suggesting there is no tension in the rod,

BUT the neck is in perfect straight shape, even with the strings on...

What is going on???
I'm sorry, but I have no clue what I just have read, I'm not sure if it's the way you put your words in order or if I'm just a moron when it comes to these things.
I pay for music and so should you: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by Music18
u just got to love fat strats.... and i really like the ones that hav 2 single pick upsm then the humbucker near the bridge... very nice =)
Quote by rorygodowsky
I'm sorry, but I have no clue what I just have read, I'm not sure if it's the way you put your words in order or if I'm just a moron when it comes to these things.

The gold adjusting "bullet" (I call it) has come off, suggesting that its been turned anti-clockwise so much that it's come loose. But, if this was the case, I think there would be ALOT of relief in the neck. BUT, it's straight, so it seems mechanically impossible??
Any better? :p
Quote by godisasniper
Have you put strings on it? It only warps if you put tension on it for a while...try that, if you want it to be messed up.

I have strings on it. It had strings on it for a while. No warping.....
Quote by David Collins
That's not a bullet. It's just a nut. The "bullet style" truss rod nuts are the ones shaped like a bullet, used by Fender.

There's actually nothing strange about what you describe at all. There's no absolute reference chart that neck conform to, to determine what shape they should be under what tension of strings and truss rod. It's a neck made of wood, that's how it is.

Yeah I know, it just looks like a bullet, so I called it that. I'm uneducated

Well, I would have thought that, if the neck were not to be upwards-bowing under string tension, the truss rod would have to be under some tension. And none of that seems to be happening.