ok if the EVH gear is supposed sound like Eddie's gear, so if you theroicly got like $7,000 and you got like all the EVH gear like the Wolfgang Guitar, the Half Stack, the Phase 90, the Flanger, the Dunlop Wah, maybe the humbuckers, wouldnt that sound exactly like Van Halen? haha
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
no, all his tone is in his fingers
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by NGMF-Sam
no, all his tone is in his fingers

+1

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
At least 40-50% of the tone is in his fingers.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
At least 40-50% of the tone is in his fingers.

more 80-90

i seen an interview with steve vai, he said eddie played on his amp with his settings and he sounded just like eddie
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by Mitchell?
There's a difference between sounding like Eddie, and getting Eddie's tone.

Exactly!

Also using that gear would give you his modern tone!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by NGMF-Sam
more 80-90

i seen an interview with steve vai, he said eddie played on his amp with his settings and he sounded just like eddie

Did he say his tone was the same? I don't think so.

If you want the brown sound, get a super lead and crank that fuker. If you want his modern tone and the ability to do the brown sound get an SLO or a 5150 III
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Did he say his tone was the same? I don't think so.

If you want the brown sound, get a super lead and crank that fuker. If you want his modern tone and the ability to do the brown sound get an SLO or a 5150 III

your playing effects your tone more than you think, I can get my crate amp to sound similar to Eddie if i wanted too, its almost all in the fingers when i play van halen songs they my amp sounds pretty damn close to eddie but with the same settings i'll play something else and i get a whole different tone than what i thought i had
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
Quote by NGMF-Sam
more 80-90

I was there with Steve Vai when he said that !!!!!!!!!!
Quote by NGMF-Sam
your playing effects your tone more than you think, I can get my crate amp to sound similar to Eddie if i wanted too, its almost all in the fingers when i play van halen songs they my amp sounds pretty damn close to eddie but with the same settings i'll play something else and i get a whole different tone than what i thought i had

I didn't say your playing doesn't affect tone. Also, sounding like someone and having the same tone aren't the same things.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If I wanted the same setup as VH (pretty much what you're asking) I'd skip getting any of the 5150/6505 line, and head straight for a Metro 12,000 series. http://plexireplicas.com/metropoulos-amplifiers/12000-series/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX510aR92vM&feature=related
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Last edited by Shiromar at Jul 26, 2009,
Let me try to put this argument to rest once and for all:

At the CMT Awards, I played Keith Urban's R4 through his rack and Hiwatt/ WEM cabinet. In fact I played "You Look Good In My Shirt" through said rig while trying to capture the nuances of the recording. Does anyone want to take a guess what that sounded like?

(Hint: it sounded like Keith Urban)

Expression and phrasing is in the fingers; tone is in the amp.