Just came home from my first real gig with my band that I've played with for about 6 months. Damn I made so many mistakes, I have only played guitar for 2½ years now, got a bad rhythm, no theory and no really good skills nor speed.

First song began okej for me, alltho the song ended before I thought it was so made my first real mistake:P
Had one own-made solo to play, f***ed ut up and had to improvise but still managed to pull it through, oh and one speaker started to burn as our other guitarist played a solo

But still, it was really fun, didn't make to many mistakes anyways, and the crowed wanted us to play some more so we gave them creeping death

So, how did your first gigs go?
Terribly nerve-racking, though as I played rhythm there weren't many mistakes I could've made. Fun, though!
Nerve Racking. I was playing in front of my school, I chose to play Voodoo Child ( Slight Return), so it was mostly improv, IE. if i forgot a part, i'd just solo out of E pentatonic for a second.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
My first gig didn't go as bad as yours sounded , but to be fair I had been playing for a little longer by the time my first gig came around. Just kidding about your gig though, it doesn't sound half bad!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Yeah I was really nervous during some parts, specially my 2 solos (own and master of puppets) but last one I actually did succeed with quite well
Quote by stinger12345
My first gig didn't go as bad as yours sounded , but to be fair I had been playing for a little longer by the time my first gig came around. Just kidding about your gig though, it doesn't sound half bad!

Nah it wasn't, it was so damn fun and fast, but only a few people in the crowed made it funny to play, wasn't metal-people, only friends that invited others with all kinds of tastes
On my first gig... my bass drum mic wasn't working. everything else was amazing though.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Quote by LegsOnEarth
So fun ahaha, infront almost everyone from my school in a small pub, on the floor.
But before this we played a school fair which i dont really count, it sucked!

Same for me, our "first" was in school for some consert/spring-thing where some people danced, some rapped etc :P
I played lead for a friends band cause they're keyboardist was away. I had to write all my own parts and ended up improvising 5 solos lol, i was lucky though at this point I was confident in my playing and had no mistakes and it went great.
Playing live is great though and im glad to hear you still had fun.
My first gig was with my first ever band and we just played nirvana and green day covers went pretty well, even though i was attempting to sing, which just does not happen normally. thankfully my mate's pa system was appalling and noone could hear me

TS, at least you challenged yourself
Quote by nigeltheginger
My first gig was with my first ever band and we just played nirvana and green day covers went pretty well, even though i was attempting to sing, which just does not happen normally. thankfully my mate's pa system was appalling and noone could hear me

TS, at least you challenged yourself

Thanks During our "encore" creeping death, which I didn't know how to play I played alittle on the verseriff and then threw my guitar away and jumped with the crowd instead for fun
Quote by groose
Thanks During our "encore" creeping death, which I didn't know how to play I played alittle on the verseriff and then threw my guitar away and jumped with the crowd instead for fun

Now that, to anyone else who is reading, is METAL
Well we had a class in school called School Of Rock where we get in bands and learn songs pretty much and my band played in front of the school and nailed Sweet Child O' Mine. Then at the end of the year we played at a local theater with the teachers band and Lillex (they used to be big in the early 2000's). Unfortunately we had a crappy drummer for awhile so we only learned Sweet Child Of Mine the whole year.
Congratulations on your first gig!

Mine was a little over a year ago and went really well, I was really nervous and shy though so I turned my amp a little more quiet than on rehearsel what caused one half of the crowd to not hear me very well. But I even got a lot of compliments after saying they didn't know I could play like that haha! So it was a great experience.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
I cant remember my first gig. I remember walking on stage, and leaving, but what happened in between, no ****ing clue. totally blacked out.

it turned out to be flawless and awesome, but still
Hoping to play more gigs, tho our other guitarist/vocalist has to join the army for a year so we split at the moment
Quote by nigeltheginger

When moshing during my own gig instead of playing guitar
I only Fvcked up one thing in my first gig, I stood still for most of the time I was on stage. Now I make sure to move around, but not too much.
Nobody in the audience really ever catches your mistakes - unless they're really, really bad. I made a few mistakes at my first gig and felt embarrassed or whatever, but everyone told me I did great.
I plays guitars.
Quote by 2003LP
Nobody in the audience really ever catches your mistakes - unless they're really, really bad. I made a few mistakes at my first gig and felt embarrassed or whatever, but everyone told me I did great.

Yeah best is when you play your own songs, noone will ever know if you make a mistake or if it should sound like that
Quote by nigeltheginger

When moshing during my own gig instead of playing guitar
First gig I guess was a talent show. It wasn't too awesome or horrible fortunately

Soon we'll be able to get some actual paying gigs so that should be sweet
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
My first gig was 2 songs with a band playing to a packed pub, HUGE crowd.
But I didn't make too many mistakes, I got cocky and played behind my head.
My first gig was actually 2 days ago at the fair. We did pretty good and didnt mess up much, but the hardest solo was the one for Holiday by Green Day so go figure :P

The acoustic guitar mics didnt pick up much though so the bass overpowered them alot
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.