at the more advanced guitarists, did u find when u started that your chords did'nt ring properly and when u try a scale or solo that it sounded abit short/crisp rather than smoothly. how to get over this? u see its off putting yea but probaly not bad cause i only played guitar for like 6months so far. u think it would take many years before my sound gets better? thanks.
depends on how effectively/often you practice, but yes your playing will clean it self up with practice. chords not ringing could be you accidentally muting or not pressing down hard enough, as you get more confident you'll see a big difference.

keep at it!
yes. you get used to fingering notes properly to get the best sound eventually... it will just come to you.
is it me or is guitar like the hardest to play, u see i used to play keyboard and piano in the past, but find guitar so akward to play on at times. i said to my guitar teacher i might give up lol he said nah man guitar is always there for u and good for the soul he said.
Quote by gazster
is it me or is guitar like the hardest to play, u see i used to play keyboard and piano in the past, but find guitar so akward to play on at times. i said to my guitar teacher i might give up lol he said nah man guitar is always there for u and good for the soul he said.

honestly its the only instrument ive stuck with, i've played clarinet and piano and just not been motivated.
different people, and ya sounds like you have a wise hippy teacher the best kind.
i take it alot of the guys at here play guitar for their job. im just doing it for fun in my freetime i dont practice that much lol its said that steve vai played for 8hours everyday to be such a good guitarist.
Quote by gazster
i take it alot of the guys at here play guitar for their job. im just doing it for fun in my freetime i dont practice that much lol its said that steve vai played for 8hours everyday to be such a good guitarist.

hahaha, no man, 90% of ug are hobbiests. dont get put off by hearing massive practice schedules, its not a race. play at your own speed and enjoy it .
could i ask about composing a riff or solo, i normaly compose on solo and try put it on guitar but seem to stay on just 2 strings, it dont seem right cause when u see guitarists play they seem to stay around 4 frets and use nearly all strings and sometimes they jump massive gap down neck to play squeaky note with that brush with finger screamy note trick lol i can do that but not everytime, its like bit of thumb and abit of pick to make it scream.
Quote by gazster

The piano can be considered "easier" in the sense that the notes are all laid out before you whereas on guitar they're all over the place but I really do believe guitar is one of the easiest instruments to play (not that you don't have to work your ass off like anything else though )
Quote by gazster
could i ask about composing a riff or solo, i normaly compose on solo and try put it on guitar but seem to stay on just 2 strings, it dont seem right cause when u see guitarists play they seem to stay around 4 frets and use nearly all strings and sometimes they jump massive gap down neck to play squeaky note with that brush with finger screamy note trick lol i can do that but not everytime, its like bit of thumb and abit of pick to make it scream.

thats a pinch harmonic lol, ya an AWESOME technique. well most people dont compose like that, I write on my guitar, when you see people playing over like 4 frets thats cause thats what scales look like on a guitar. its not great technique to get stuck in that box but you see it a lot. id recomend learning the scales on the guitar and playing with them, see what sounds good.