Page 1 of 4
So, what do you play when you're trying to impress a girl?

Share any and all songs/riffs, and experiences
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
i tend to avoid guitars around chicks, i dunno ive had zero luck pulling cause of my guitar skills. the only time i play at parties is when theres two and someone wants to jam.
i cum blood
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Generally whatever I was playing anyway, or some Jamiroquai, or something they would recognise.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
what i've come to find is that when you try to impress a girl with guitar, you get nothing

i've also found that when you don't try and just happen to be playing casually minding your own fiddling around or whatnot with a guitar is when you get a good response from your female audience

what tends to workbest for me is mostly improved In Flames-ish acoustic riffing, very melodic with a good heavy rhythm and a little technical finesse here or there
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by godisasniper
and a little original composition I like to call "Search Bar"

I had some of that earlier. Unfortunately, my tastes were not satisfied. So I made my own composition.
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
sweet child o' mine.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Royal_Brick
So, what do you play when you're trying to impress a girl?

Share any and all songs/riffs, and experiences

He wants to dip the cookie.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Just a quick cool blues lick. Not too much so they think you're someone who masturbates while looking in the mirror, but just enough to make their legs twitch!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Def Leppard, and you gotta mimick the moves of their lead guitarist and take your shirt off too.
Unintended by Muse... works every time.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Plain White Tee's or any pop song on acoustic
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I have it bad for any scene or goth women, so I pretty much just knock out any Paramore or Tristania riff and I'm set.

Though for what it's worth, Wonderful Tonight works better than anything, for anyone. No woman/man can resist that.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Improvised blues licks.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Any sappy popular love song will do (or a softer song by a band the girl loves).

Edit: and +1 to whoever said Wonderful Tonight. Not that hard of a song to learn and it would most likely work (unless they hate Clapton or something).
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by sacamano79
i cum blood

then you bust out the guitar and play something romantic?
lol
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Forkman
F#.
Good reference.

Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
(unless they hate Clapton or something).
Who the **** would?
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
As far as seductive, I find playing bass to 'Sir Psycho Sexy' great.

As far as meeting women, be casual with your instrument. Smile, be light hearted when you want to be met. Start srs then gradually get lighter and lighter if you have a woman hooked (helps if shes' the intellectual/artsy type). Be ready to throw away the instrument, so improving is best. Do something clean and bluesy and that will probably impress a girl enough to work your man magic.
Quote by MrFlibble

Who the **** would?

Those people who refuse to listen to older music because its "old". Other than that, I really cant think of anyone who would.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I find the intro to Little Wing is a pleaser.

Also, Lou Reed - Perfect Day is a winner...they tend to not know that it's about heroin.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I play acoustic to impress girls because I almost always have my acoustic around. Why?

FACT: Acoustics are more rhythmic than electrics to play on their own.

OPINION (and almost fact): Chicks dig acoustics more than electrics.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
Those people who refuse to listen to older music because its "old". Other than that, I really cant think of anyone who would.

Those are also the same people who say the Jonas Brothers are better musicians than Led Zeppelin.

So far i agree with Wonderful Tonight.

Most acoustic songs, they just have to sound soft and "welcoming" and you can't be trying to impress someone, it only works when you play just to play.
romanza is a very pretty song to play or just improvise over a progression.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by Natrone

OPINION (and almost fact): Chicks dig acoustics more than electrics.
This is definitely true, acoustic always goes down better. Show the average woman on the street an average guy strumming a few chords on an acoustic or some virtuoso god shredding on a JEM and they'll pick James Blunt every time.
If you are going to go electric, at least make sure it's a Strat or a Tele. Tele is the main guitar in fashion right now and a Strat is simply the most recognisable. If you're trying to impress anyone - male or female - when they're not much of a guitar freak themselves, a light blue Strat from any cheap copy brand will impress them more than a Ibanez Prestige Iceman or an ESP Viper or whatever else.
Any soft chords on an accoustic I come up with on the spot
2009 (Used, w/ Tex Mex pups ) MIM Strat
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Is AASing for Blackstar HT-5 head and speaker
Is GASing for Kramer Striker Custom w/o FR
I.. AM.. THE.....THREADKILLER!
Quote by Colgate Total

This, actually. It does wonders with my woman.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
eh, it does wonders to my girlfriend when i play fade to black or master of puppets
no way she is metalhead or likes metallica a lot
Page 1 of 4