I'm looking for singer songwriters who sing, play and write from the bottom of their hearts and our their souls into their songs.

Like Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen and Daniel Johnston.

Any suggestions?
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Eddie Vedder
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Elliott Smith
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
****ing Robert Francis. Seriously check this guy out. I cant praise him enough. He wrote and produced his debut "One by One" when he was only 19. Its amazing and his second album, "Before Nightfall", is being released (from what i understand) digitally on Sept. 22 with a physical release coming on Oct 20. Easily my favorite new artist
Chad Hatcher, plays acoustic guitar and sings to hip hop drums. Check out his album Tunnels & Pathways
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
Like Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen and Daniel Johnston.

that's a very good base to start
Dylan and Leadbelly are a must.
Try Kurt Cobain. not kiddin, check out some of his home demos, you can easily find 'em on the net.
lyrics are very quirky and weird but combined to music the effect is ... well it worths a listen
Quote by TechnoJesus™
jose gonzalez- down the line

yep the song crosses kills me lately. kurt cobain is a good one. listen to that unplugged album man!
Quote by DollSteak
that's a very good base to start
Dylan and Leadbelly are a must.
Try Kurt Cobain. not kiddin, check out some of his home demos, you can easily find 'em on the net.
lyrics are very quirky and weird but combined to music the effect is ... well it worths a listen

I know all three very well. Although Leadbelly I've had trouble finding more songs by him like Where Did You Sleep Last Night. I have his greatest hits, and he does Jimmy Cracked Corn. I think Cobain mentioned something like The Last Sessions in his list of favorite albums which included more heartfelt songs.

Howlin' Wolf is some excellent blues though.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Jack Johnson shouldn't be overlooked either. One of the best song writers of our time. Also there is John Mayer (say what you want, he can write good songs.) I even enjoy playing a few Amy Winehouse songs off of he first album "Frank" or anything off of Alice In Chains Unplugged.
Frank Turner, especially live. He was supporting a band i went to see and he sold me a t shirt on the merchandise stand and i didn't even know He's just starting to get noticed in the UK recently, it that's where you are.
neil young!!
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun