hey all, can you recommend some gear for me (amps, foot pedals, the whole shebang)? I'm gonna try to start a band soon and really don't have a clue as to what to buy

the band will be a cross between Capital Lights (myspace.com/capitallights) and Silverstein (myspace.com/silverstein) yeah I know unique mix. so basically Post Hardcore Pop. hmm....

I don't want to spend over $1000 at the moment, but yeah I would like some recommendations. I'm sorry if I seem like an idiot but I know nothing about gear except that a practice amp won't cut it.
We will wear compassion. We will wear it,
and the gates of hell won't stand against it.
go to a guitar shop. try out stuff.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by Mr. Sora
hey all, can you recommend some gear for me (amps, foot pedals, the whole shebang)? I'm gonna try to start a band soon and really don't have a clue as to what to buy

the band will be a cross between Capital Lights (myspace.com/capitallights) and Silverstein (myspace.com/silverstein) yeah I know unique mix. so basically Post Hardcore Pop. hmm....

I don't want to spend over $1000 at the moment, but yeah I would like some recommendations. I'm sorry if I seem like an idiot but I know nothing about gear except that a practice amp won't cut it.

i really dont like that type of music, but i think you should try out some amps at a nearby shop ( make shure they can be louder than a drum, an average 100 watt combo amp will do.) and try to see if the amp comes with a footswitch that changes from clean to distorted, cause im guessing your gunna want to do that. thats what i would do if i were you, but im not so you can decide for yourself lol
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
thanks guys, I know I seem like an idiot for not doing that first. lol
We will wear compassion. We will wear it,
and the gates of hell won't stand against it.
Quote by Mr. Sora
thanks guys, I know I seem like an idiot for not doing that first. lol

no its cool, pretty mutch every guitarist has done this before. (not all asking on the internet first tho, like i asked a guitar shop dude lol)
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Quote by selibucaz
i really dont like that type of music, but i think you should try out some amps at a nearby shop ( make shure they can be louder than a drum, an average 100 watt combo amp will do.) and try to see if the amp comes with a footswitch that changes from clean to distorted, cause im guessing your gunna want to do that. thats what i would do if i were you, but im not so you can decide for yourself lol

If you want to have hearing damage, listen to this.

First of all, if you buy a tube amp, anything 30 W or higher will easily beat out drums.

If you buy a solid state amp, anything 60 W or higher will easily beat out drums.

The reason a tube amp sounds louder is because it's more of a natural sound then solid state amps.

I'm just guessing, but since post hardcore music is a form of hardcore punk, I'm going to guess and suggest a metal amp because actually a lot of punk bands use metal amps. First of all, go used. If your American, go on Craigslist.org. If you're Canadian, try kijiji.ca or usedeverywhere.com

Now, look for a used Marshall JCM 800, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, or a Marshall Plexi. Honestly, in a nutshell, any mid-gain or high-gain amp with good cleans will work.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
If you want to have hearing damage, listen to this.

First of all, if you buy a tube amp, anything 30 W or higher will easily beat out drums.

If you buy a solid state amp, anything 60 W or higher will easily beat out drums.

The reason a tube amp sounds louder is because it's more of a natural sound then solid state amps.

15w is enough for playing over a drummer, even 5w can be enough, though you will get alot of power tubes distortion.