I recentlytook a vacation to Atlantic city, and didnt have a guitar to play for a while. Im still a noob, 6-7 months now, and I have been putting a lot of work in on barre chords and switching around with the bar chords. I just picked up my guitar today and played for a good two hours, it was suprisingly much much easier than when I left ago. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this
I think sometimes a break is a good thing, gives you new perspectives and inspiration.
if you practice too frequently, you do not give your muscles the time needed to heal properly, so you are actually making progress slower than if you took a break every once in a while.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
thats interesting cuz im goin on a 4 week holiday to europe and i wont have a guitar to practice on so ive been panicking about how im gonna keep my fingers in shape. i can only pray this happens to me
This happened to me a few times, once last year during a summer vacation, and then this year in April. Really weird how I went from playing shoddy blink-182 to metallica solos, though then again, not saying they're hard, but more difficult. In two weeks I'm going on vacation, no guitar, I can't wait till I get back It's a weird phenomenon, thanks for reminding me of it
Happens all the time. The most common example being when you practise something all night and can't get it, then the next morning it just comes to you.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Happens all the time. The most common example being when you practise something all night and can't get it, then the next morning it just comes to you.

this happens all the time too - its gotta be one of the most addicting/frustrating things about the guitar, if that makes sense. I hate when I cant get something for a little bit, wake up and pick up the guitar, and i instantly got it, its great.