I'm been wanting to learn how to play an electric guitar for years and i finally have the time to do it. I love 90's grunge/alternative rock and that's what I aim to learn to play. Everthing from Bush to Collective Soul and everything in between. What would be a good starter pack to get me going? Keep in mind I have no experience playing guitar but taught mself to play thr saxophone pretty well when I was younger. I've been looking at this to start off with. What do you guys think of this package and how far will it take me. Its going for $200 at The Perfect Guitar. Thanks all
http://www.theperfectguitar.com/explore.cfm?STORE=Y&N=116&SN=154&CT=101a&PG=100744101&W=STORE&P=N&S=1001809&U=1&SS=1&CR=Y
*moved*
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I made the mistake of getting a starter pack (from the catalogue) for my first guitar. I think you should buy them seperately. I recomend getting an Epiphone Les Paul 100, and a then buy an amp afterwards. If you pay that little bit more, the guiatr will not only sound much better, it will be more solid and not fall apart. Wait for a while until you get an amp. The thing about this guitar, is that if after maybe 6 months or so, if you were to start a band, you could use that guitar and it would sound okay.
Last edited by hardrockerdave9 at Jul 26, 2009,