In this picture it looks like John Frusciante runs his guitar through his DS2 distortion first, then his WH10 wah. Is that true. I tried running my DS2 in a Cry Baby and it sounded really bad. SOunds good through the wah then distortion. Also, If i ran through the distortion then a WH10 wah like johns, do you think it would sound like him? Thank you!

The WH10 wah is the grey/green one and the DS2 is the bright orange.

Last edited by RHCP41ife at Jul 25, 2009,
It doesn't look like the ds-2 is connected to the wh10.

And no, even if you got the same rig as Frusciante, you will not sound like him.
I do Guitar > Wah > Distortion > Amp
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Ghold125
It doesn't look like the ds-2 is connected to the wh10.

And no, even if you got the same rig as Frusciante, you will not sound like him.

i meant similar tone douche bag..
Won't hurt to try, I've tried distortion before wah in the past but I never really liked it.
im pretty sure if you put the wah after the distortion the effect is more dramatic and vice versa
Bands I've seen:
Jet
Metallica
Lamb of God
Baroness
A Day To Remember
Underoath
Northlane
In The Walls
Saints Alight
Live As A Monster
Bleach The Skies
Red Ribbon Army
The Amity Affliction
Madisonfoxx
Buried In Verona
I think it might be your wah responding badly.

The WH-10s sweep is somewhat small from what I hear, and the Crybabys' sweep is very large. If you rock the crybaby too far forward it'll get wayyy to harsh on the high end. PLus he probably has a low 'tone' setting for personal use that cuts out the high end and keeps the thick sustaining low end. That or he uses the bass setting with higher tone which achieves a similar effect with more noticeable wahing in the bass than in the treble (if that makes sense)