Ive been playing guitar for 2 years now, with no particular goal, just fooled around and learned whatever my teacher taught me. But, after realizing that I should be playing much better than I do for the time I have been playing, I have decided to set some goals, which will be fun for me, and help me. Its actually quite straightforward, by 2010, I should be able to play 60 intermidiate solos. What do you think of this as goal? I was thinking of songs along the Classic Rock/Hard Rock/Metal songs. The hardest thing I can play (and also solo 1 for my goal) is Stairway To Heaven (the solo). What would be some good songs? At this point, i dont have an interest in learning sweep and/or advanced metal techniques, jsut basic legato, intermediate-advanced alt. picking, and standard techniques.

BTW, I do realize that this should kinda be in MTs Suggest a Song, but I thought it deserved its own thread.

Thank you very much
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Last edited by alexdoabismo at Jul 25, 2009,
I think 60 is too many. There are only 20 or 22 weeks left in 2009. So you'd have to learn 3 a week or so. Better to learn fewer, but learn them really well.
Quote by se012101
I think 60 is too many. There are only 20 or 22 weeks left in 2009. So you'd have to learn 3 a week or so. Better to learn fewer, but learn them really well.

Yeah, this.

Try Iron Man(Black Sabbath), Stairway to Heaven ( Led Zeppelin), Sweet Child O Mine ( Guns 'n Roses). That should get you started.

If you can play those solos at 100% speed, perfectly( good amount of vibrato and muting etc. ), you should've pretty much reached your goal.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
ok, ill lower the numbers, but what do you think about the actual goal itself?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
meh... i dont find learning solos and playing them exact is brilliant, i would learn the whole song and then solo the way i please. of course i pick up some solo licks from the song, so im using those but still playing the way i want.

btw... your learning off tab right? id advise learning by ear as a goal.
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.