Can someone explain to me the difference? I understand that H1 are made in America. But why is the price lower? What separates a Highway One jazz bass from a MIA jazz bass?

I searched for this specifically - but to no avail.
Now that i think about it this should be posted elsewhere but i really only care about the difference in basses because i am, believe it or not, a bassist.
lolol this was taken straight from the other thread. id assume build quality is the difference between the two
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by bassman10101
lolol this was taken straight from the other thread. id assume build quality is the difference between the two

Yeah i asked on that nbd thread but didnt get an answer so i tried a new thread..
quality, although i think the H1's are on par w/ the MIA's, the finish might also be the reason its cheaper, it wears away quicker
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Ummm... Highway Ones have nothing in common with MIA Basses with the exception of pickups, model names, shape, and country of origin. but apparently you can take off the pickguards and not see all that ugly routing.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I don't know how to say this in a way that makes much sense - but everything's a bit better on the MIA. The neck and body finish, the wood grains/body cuts, graphite neck support rods, hardware, etc. I can't think of one thing that's better on the HW1 than on the MIA, especially the neck. THe HW1 is solid as a rock, but the MIAs are sweeter.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
OK, It works like this:
Quality wise MIJs are halfway in between the nicer MIMs and MIAs. H1s are halfway in between MIJs and MIAs.

Quote by thefitz
I can't think of one thing that's better on the HW1 than on the MIA, especially the neck.

The bridge is better, but thats one of the easiest parts of a bass to change.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by kugelspot
The bridge is better, but thats one of the easiest parts of a bass to change.

If you can justify spending that much extra on a bridge that a bridge half its price would do just the same if not better.

MIJ's are amazing bass's. I think fender just came up with the HW1 to fill in a gap to make another model, pretty pointless. MIJ are really good, some people even say better value for money over the MIA's i havent played enough MIj/CIJ to know for myself but still there's some good ones. Its all about going out there and seeing what you think is worth the money.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
If you can justify spending that much extra on a bridge that a bridge half its price would do just the same if not better.

MIJ's are amazing bass's. I think fender just came up with the HW1 to fill in a gap to make another model, pretty pointless. MIJ are really good, some people even say better value for money over the MIA's i havent played enough MIj/CIJ to know for myself but still there's some good ones. Its all about going out there and seeing what you think is worth the money.

Highway ones are more than a badass bridge, they have a lot of the components of a MIA as well as nitrocellulose laquer which is big with tone-nuts. That said I do agree that they are slightly pointless, if you're going to spend £600 on a bass you might as well spend £1000 and get something amazing to last, basses are for life, not just for Christmas.
Quote by fatgoogle

I'm not saying that makes it worth it, I was just saying that Fitz was wrong about there being NOTHING better about the H1s than the MIAs. This is the internet, man! We're EXPECTED to nitpick everything we see. Its our JOB!
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by fatgoogle

CIJ basses are nice. I own a jaguar bass thats CIJ.
Yeah, forgot about the Badass bridges - so there, they have better bridges. And the nitro finish that's on the bass isn't the same nitro finish that tone nuts love. It's a much cheaper matte finish that keeps the price down considerably. Real MIA nitro finished basses without badass bridges are the most expensive Fender makes.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was always under the impression HW1's were American made but assembled in their Mexico plant?
I'm really gassing for a HW1 P-bass,all $1,400 AUD of it
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Ian hawkins
I was always under the impression HW1's were American made but assembled in their Mexico plant?
I'm really gassing for a HW1 P-bass,all $1,400 AUD of it

It was best summarised by someone who said "You can get one made in Mexico by Mexicans or you can get one Made in America by some different Mexicans."