Poll: Should I get this amp?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I get this amp?
Yes
2 67%
No
1 33%
Voters: 3.
So i was thinking about getting the vox ad100vth half stack and i found a really good deal on craigslist for 400. Do you guys think i should do it, i play mostly classic rock, hard rock and a little blues.
Attachments:
asd.jpg
I'd say go for it, as long as you're sure you like it and everything. Not that it's a bad amp, just don't buy that over something else because it's a good deal. That head is $400 new so if it's decent condition, that's a pretty sweet deal.
I have a huge fear if rays.
dude that looks sick. if you have the money and you sure you want it. go for it. gl!
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
It is a good amp no doubt, but it is primarily a beginners/practice amp. The sound quality would not be as good as a tube amp for the same or similar price. Not to mention a nice tube amp will probably last longer and have a better resale value.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
It is a good amp no doubt, but it is primarily a beginners/practice amp. The sound quality would not be as good as a tube amp for the same or similar price. Not to mention a nice tube amp will probably last longer and have a better resale value.

well im on a pretty tight budget
Thats probably the best you're gonna do with your budget, if you're looking new. If you keep scouring CL, I'm sure something better might come up.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
You can get much better than that for $400. There are always at least one used Laney AOR combo around on a used guitar gear site. Used Crate V32s or V50 (both the Palomino versions) are something to look for also. Peavey Classic 30s are the classic suggestion but I think those Crates outperform them.
Ok so i was looking around and found this Crate FlexWave Series FW120HS 120W 4x12 Half Stack on guitarcenter.com, i heard crate was a pretty good brand, so its 500 what do you guys think?
Attachments:
506087jpg.jpg
I have that amp as a backup.
It's not too shabby but I would be willing to sell you the 212 combo for $200

Do you want a youtube video of my testing out the amplifier?
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Jul 26, 2009,
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I have that amp as a backup.
It's not too shabby but I would be willing to sell you the 212 combo for $200

Do you want a youtube video of my testing out the amplifier?
yea sure
For $400 you could do better. i'm not a huge Valvetronix fan. You could get yourself a Peavey Vypyr tube 60 for $50 more if you're into modelling amps. Sounds more alive and much better IMO.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
for 400 you could find a used Classic 50/30 EASILY used.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com