If anyone out there runs...about when do you start getting that "runners high" that I always hear people talking about? I NEVER GET IT even after a few miles..i more feel like death...can anyone tell meeeee and if it feels like its as good as eating an ice cream sundae while hugging a puppy..thanks
it doesn't feel as good as eating an ice cream sundae while hugging a puppy
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Running sucks. Just throwing it out there.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
literally just came back for a run. i just feel like death, especially running in the woods where all the nettles are. feels good after. bit like taking a dump.
It doesn't happen directly after you run, but after you cool down(at least for me). And it doesn't feel as good as say, real drugs. But it's pretty nice.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by MetallicaFan21
literally just came back for a run. i just feel like death, especially running in the woods where all the nettles are. feels good after. bit like taking a dump.

so does a UGer **** in the woods?
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
I get to a point where I just don't care about being tired and all and I just keep on running, and I feel like I'm not actually running, it's just happening or something. And then when I stop I realize how exhausted I am. I'm probably just weird haha.
Quote by intentionsthere
I get to a point where I just don't care about being tired and all and I just keep on running, and I feel like I'm not actually running, it's just happening or something. And then when I stop I realize how exhausted I am. I'm probably just weird haha.

I get that too.
It's like everything goes numb, and you get super focused.
You normally get the high after you've been for a run. It comes after the "feeling like death" part.
I've never had it, but from what I hear it feels good man.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
I've been running for ten years and used to run marathons. I've felt great after a run, but I've never felt "high." Not high like smoking four bowls in a row. Now that's getting high.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by coryklok
I get that too.
It's like everything goes numb, and you get super focused.

Word! it's a weird feeling but it's really cool at the same time.

And people, believe it or not, it's fun to go for a run sometimes. Especially if you're feeling stressed out or something along those lines, there's something calming about it.
You just feel good after the run. More so because you know you did something positive. There's a mental barrier too when you first start your run... you get to that point where you feel like you should stop and rest, but if you focus and keep running anyway, the feeling passes and you can get into a rhythm/mindset where you can go at a good pace for a long period of time.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
Quote by Ganoosh
It doesn't happen directly after you run, but after you cool down(at least for me). And it doesn't feel as good as say, real drugs. But it's pretty nice.

+1, rite after i run a considerable distance, i either stand there and huff and puff or wanna throw up, but once thats subsided i will get a light headed slightly numbish feeling, nothing major...you won't sit there and stare at your shadow for 6hrs, but it is kinda nice
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Quote by darkstar2466
I've been running for ten years and used to run marathons. I've felt great after a run, but I've never felt "high." Not high like smoking four bowls in a row. Now that's getting high.

strange oxymoron there smoking bowls and doing marathons.

well ive just went through the 'high' in the last 15 mins its a bit like yknow when you cum or take a dump and you get a moment of clarity? bit like that except less cleanup.
Quote by MetallicaFan21
strange oxymoron there smoking bowls and doing marathons.

well ive just went through the 'high' in the last 15 mins its a bit like yknow when you cum or take a dump and you get a moment of clarity? bit like that except less cleanup.

I believe the term you wished to use was "irony." An oxymoron is a figure of speech that combines two contradictory terms. Like "deafening silence."
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I always thought runner's high occured during the run?

Like, everything just "clicks"; you get a perfect rhythm of moving and breathing, the physical exhaustion of running subsides, and you feel like you can run forever (exaggeration for forever...).

Because I've defiently experienced that feeling during a run. After the run, I just feel thankful it's over and happy that I completed my (temporary) goal. I've never felt a "high" from finishing.
Quote by darkstar2466
I believe the term you wished to use was "irony." An oxymoron is a figure of speech that combines two contradictory terms. Like "deafening silence."

well no the term would be strange contradiction in a written description of that kind.
Last edited by MetallicaFan21 at Jul 26, 2009,
if by runner's high you mean...get a migraine, then yes I do. Otherwise, I don't.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by MetallicaFan21
well no the term would be strange contradiction in a written description of that kind.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by MetallicaFan21

Its not a contradiction because lots of people who smoke weed also run
Quote by darkstar2466

alright white wizard ive just been for a run i am knackered.
Last edited by MetallicaFan21 at Jul 26, 2009,