Hey all,
new member here

Just some questions on cabs and heads
I recently tried a Blackstar 5W head on a Epiphone Legacy 4x12 cab, it was a wicked sound, the only problem is i need something that is gig worthy. It was loud but i don't really wanna push it too much just to make is audible for a gig.
So my question is do blackstar make a 20W or 50W head or something. If not are there any supbstitutes that are good.
My price range is pretty much max 1000 dollars aus. I'll probably get the legacy cab but i just want another opinion for a head.
I play mostly metal, aka metallica, pantera But i still like play some soft rock or clean stuff.
So my question is what head is good that has good distortion and can have a good clean tone also,

Cheers
May I ask why you are getting a head and cab over a combo?

Also, are you willing to go used? You can find a lot of great deals on really good amps on the used market.

Other than that I can't offer much help as I am not familiar with the availability and prices of amps in Australia
Get a Bugera Combo. I'd suggest either a 333xl/6262. Best gigging amps you can get in Australia for under $1000.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
I guess i just like the look of the cab and head, it also appears to be a cheaper option down here, well more for your money kinda thing.

I guess i mostly just want a good solid head, something that has a good distortion, that cuts through
Its not cheaper, unless you thinking of changing amps in the future, then yes, you do save some money on your next purchase.

I still stick by Bugera. As far as gigging amps go, Bugera is fantastic value for money in Australia, even more so considering our used market is so scarce. The 333XL/6262 models are fantastic.

BTW, what speakers are in the legacy cab, and how much are you paying for it?
You would be better off getting a higher quality 2x12 than a lesser quality 4x12.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Yea i'm liking the bugera heads, i looked at a couple on youtube so i could hear them,
but most of the sounds i heard had a lot of reverb, so do they have seperate reverb dials or is just a built in reverb.

You make a good point bout the 2x12s i'll have to think about that option.
Do you have a bugera head with a bugera amp or do you have a different cab to the bugera?