What are some easy but good sounding songs to learn? I try songs I like but I end up spending 10 minutes changing tunings then can't play it at all. No smoke on the water or iron man. I would prefer if UG has good tabs for them because a few other songs like Beat it every single tab was different and most the good ones were only 30 seconds of the song.

I have been playing 10 months, I have a Schecter omen 6 FR and a Peavey Vypyr 30. Also a VOX wah if needed. Any genre is fine as long as it sounds nice, I don't have a capo.

BTW: I used google and it always said iron man and smoke on the water...
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Thats creepy, I've got a Schecter Damien FR, Peavey Vypyr 15 and a Dunlop Wah. Anyway,
"Killining in the name of" by Rage Against the Machine should do the job nicely.
Gardenia by Kyuss. Quite easy, and just sounds soo awesome. Play it in standard tuning though, I believe they play in C standard.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
dog can grow beards all over-tdwp
it was the first full song i learned
funn to play too
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by hendrixism
Thats creepy, I've got a Schecter Damien FR, Peavey Vypyr 15 and a Dunlop Wah. Anyway,
"Killining in the name of" by Rage Against the Machine should do the job nicely.

Thanks for the responces, I'll have a look at some of those songs and the tabs.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
For whom the bell tolls by Metallica.
Great sounding and really easy.
I looked through some other lists I managed to find of good novice songs and I saw scar tissue by RHCP. Should I use my crap agathis squier's neck pickup (frusciante uses his strat's neck pup) or use the Neck humbucker on my Schecter?
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
^I have an omen 6, and I like the RHCP tones I can get from the neck.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by random_B-RAD
I looked through some other lists I managed to find of good novice songs and I saw scar tissue by RHCP. Should I use my crap agathis squier's neck pickup (frusciante uses his strat's neck pup) or use the Neck humbucker on my Schecter?

Use whatever sounds good?
OP..... No need to change your guitars tuning every time to match a song, change the songs pitch instead with a freeware program called Best Practice (link removed). Just google it.

It's pretty cool, and once you get the songs pitch corrected you can save it as a wav file to use again later. It's also able to loop parts of a song and slow the tempo down without altering the pitch.
Last edited by blackjack68 at Jul 26, 2009,
Memories of the Grove by Maylene and the Sons of Disaster is a pretty cool tune, and it's not massively hard to play.

There's a lot of metallica stuff that you shouldn't find tricky, it's just the ability to keep the pace of the riff, or the rhythm, but it's all good practice.

Billy Talent's The Ex is a decent song too, and that's fairly easy.
Quote by blackjack68

My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by random_B-RAD at Jul 27, 2009,
Quote by random_B-RAD

What did I do wrong?
I read the rules, and it said no linking unless it's "relevant to the discussion"...... which it is.

I removed the link anyway though.
There's a thread dedicated to easy songs which I'm not going to look up for you.
There be no shelter here.