Page 1 of 3
Note: These amps go to 11.

I made a list of Famous Guitarists by skill and originality. 1 being the lowest, and 10 being the highest. (Well 11, but Buckethead is epic) Rate your guitar skill on this scale by who you are most simular to skill/originality wise and post it.

1 Kurt Cobain
2 Jonny Ramone
3 Paul Stanley
4 Erick Clapton
5 Jimmy Page
6 John Fruciante
7 Frank Zappa
8 Jeff Beck
9 Joe Sattriani
10 Paul Gilbert
11 Buckethead

I'd say I'm like 3.2 maybe, but I'm probibly over estimating my ability.

GO!

Fredit: Allright, just to clarify, this is by originality in playing, style and showmanship. and Skill is by technical skill...as in playing ability and diversity.

Also, to those of you who think this is a bad list, if you honestly think that Jimmy Page is a more original showman that Buckethead, and is more technically skilled than paul gilbert I'll go ahead and change it, but I think you know the truth. And I'm sorry to put Kurt at the bottom, because he was a clever dude, but he was a piss poor guitarist, and I'd even say that Jonny Ramone was more original than him in guitaring, just because no one else played like him back then. I switched Jimmy Page and Eric clapton because that was how it was originally intended, and I switched them originally by accident.
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
Last edited by fret-less at Jul 26, 2009,
Based on your (fairly biased) scale, I'd give myself probably a 6 1/2. Zappa was a crazy ****er.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Yeah, I know it's biased, but it's really hard not to be. Feel free to make your own if you like, that'd be cool.
Quote by Meths

Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
Jimmy Page 4!?!?!?!?

me very mad...

Favorite solos:

Comfortably Numb
Since I've Been Loving you
Wicked World
Mr. Crowley
Welcome To BucketheadLand
Perfect Crime
Lazy
Nightrain
The Lemon Song
hmmmm one
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
This thread is based on your perception of those guitarists. Fruciante could be way higher and u could easily exchange any one of those with another guitarist. 9 10 and 11 are pretty damn similar in style and skill.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by homeless-john
I'd at least put Cobain before The Ramones and Paul Stanley for originality

No Way dude, the Ramones were THE FIRST Punk Rock band, Nervana was like the 30th Grunge band, and Paul Stanley was one of the first guitarists to wear a monster costume on stage....that's awesome IMO.
Quote by Meths

Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs

Who says Buckethead is better than Page or Clapton anyway?

And I wouldn't exactly call Buckethead full of originality to be honest...
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Last edited by cam_sampbell at Jul 26, 2009,
1, or 0

:|
------------------------------------------------------------------

im a girl, dont call me 'he'

Quote by aznmetalhead93
I used to think Eddie Van Halen was a vampire.
Quote by fret-less
Yeah, I know it's biased, but it's really hard not to be. Feel free to make your own if you like, that'd be cool.

Meh, I can't be bothered

I'd say a 3 to 4 maybe for myself
Quote by MH400
Kurt Cobain isn't a 1.

Fail.

Hmm Your right Lets put Cobain at a -23.7, sorry excuse for a guitar player IMO.

P.S I'm a 93 **** Yes!!!!

(This Post is a Flame War waiting to happen, my post demonstrates this point. Also I'm not kidding Cobain = Sorry Excuse for a Guitar Player and a Pretty Sad Example of a Human Being no matter who shot him.)
Quote by cam_sampbell
Who says Buckethead is better than Page or Clapton anyway?

And I wouldn't exactly call Buckethead full of originality to be honest...

Buckethead is better than everyone
better idea:
everyone rate how good you are with an arbitrary adverb!
i'm pretty good.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
I am over 9000

ps. who the hell is kirt cobain?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I think this is the fifth time I have to explain this...

there is no such thing as a "better" guitarist!! I would for example put Jimmy Page on top, but some people (like you ;-) dont get, why I think he's so awsome... it's a matter of what kind of music you like....

Favorite solos:

Comfortably Numb
Since I've Been Loving you
Wicked World
Mr. Crowley
Welcome To BucketheadLand
Perfect Crime
Lazy
Nightrain
The Lemon Song
Last edited by Ozwal at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Buckethead is better than everyone

Well, I personally can't listen to his stuff for over 5 minutes
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by fret-less
Note: These amps go to 11.

I made a list of Famous Guitarists by skill and originality. 1 being the lowest, and 10 being the highest. (Well 11, but Buckethead is epic) Rate your guitar skill on this scale by who you are most simular to skill/originality wise and post it.
Kirt Cobain
2 Jonny Ramone
3 Paul Stanley
4 Jimmy Page
5 Erick Clapton
6 John Fruciante
7 Frank Zappa
8 Jeff Beck
9 Joe Sattriani
10 Paul Gilbert
11 Buckethead

I'd say I'm like 3.2 maybe, but I'm probibly over estimating my ability.

GO!

FAIL! And also, I think Kurt was pretty original.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
You should do seperate lists for skill and originality. I would rate someone like Kurt Cobain or Jack White high on originality, but put them lower on the skill list.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
It's hard to say, because I'm better in some techniques which suite a certain guitarist, however am worse in others that that guitarist is great in.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
I am
John Petrucci
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

That's a HUUUUUUUGE jump from 6 to 7.

EDIT: But, really I'm about a 4, or maybe just as good as AN ELEPHANT
Last edited by dantheguitarist at Jul 26, 2009,
Terrible list. There's plenty worse guitarists than Kurt Cobain, and there's a massive jump to the top 3.

Quote by Ozwal
I think this is the fifth time I have to explain this...

there is no such thing as a "better" guitarist!! I would for example put Jimmy Page on top, but some people (like you ;-) dont get, why I think he's so awsome... it's a matter of what kind of music you like....

Yes there is. For example, John Petrucci is a better guitarist than me. I don't see how you could prove that he isn't.
Last edited by SmarterChild at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by Crimzin3
Hmm Your right Lets put Cobain at a -23.7, sorry excuse for a guitar player IMO.

P.S I'm a 93 **** Yes!!!!

(This Post is a Flame War waiting to happen, my post demonstrates this point. Also I'm not kidding Cobain = Sorry Excuse for a Guitar Player and a Pretty Sad Example of a Human Being no matter who shot him.)

I'm... I'm just not even going to go there on this one. My Ignorance-O-Meter is off the scale. -_______________-"
Kurt Cobain even on this list? ha.

I would say I am a -5.
Kurt is a better player than me but no way should he be considered among these guitarists.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

3 in skill cus ive been playing less than a year bout 5 hours a day when i dont go out
6 in creativity cus i try doing new things each day like looping, samping, effects, lo fi recordings,runnimg amps through more amps, frequency and pitch shifts and all that stuff
and frusciantes the man hows he 6 hes at 30 compared to all of those
and i understand why the jonas brothers arent there
custhe list wont go negatives
How come from 3-11 they're all like amazing guitarists? Surely the list should have 1-3 who are crap, 4-6 who are average and then 7-10 who are amazing.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by MH400
Kurt Cobain isn't a 1.

Fail.

he said 1 was the lowest.
and it was based on skill and originality. not just skill
Skillwise I'm between six and seven, in terms of originality somehow I'm simultaneously above eleven and below four
Up The Boro!
Seriously? Buckethead? What about Shawn Lane? Not to mention Frank Zappa wipes the floor with Jeff Beck and Satriani. Terrible list is terrible
Last edited by Nietsche at Jul 26, 2009,
clapton at 4?

page at 5?

f*ck this, im leaving

*leaves thread*
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye