My band will be playing at the prom in our school......it's still a while away but I want to be prepared. I'm selling my ****ty Line 6 Spider III 15W and looking for a new amp. Which one should I get? The venue is around the size of a basketball court....I want something that is under $200, brand new or used. I'm pretty sure my Spider won't cut it.
DO NOT GET THE MG!
You will have to go used if you want something good undder 200$
Just troll your craiglist, you might find something, you never know.
And will your amp be mic'd? Because that's an important factor
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
dont get that amp!!!! for Gods sake dont go near it!!
that amp is probably even worse than ur spider, just with more volume
if ur playing at ur prom it probably wont be anything really heavy, i think this should work

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-25R-Frontman-Series-II-Guitar-Combo?sku=480669
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
dont get that amp!!!! for Gods sake dont go near it!!
that amp is probably even worse than ur spider, just with more volume
if ur playing at ur prom it probably wont be anything really heavy, i think this should work

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-25R-Frontman-Series-II-Guitar-Combo?sku=480669

are you havin' a laugh. you ****ing must be.

ts, i strongly advice you to not listen to this bloke.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Your best option seems like a Vox AD50VT on the used market.

+
Great suggestion. Other modelling amps to look at are the peavey vypyr and Roland cube
Thanks guys....lol, yeah. I heard some...erm....stuff about the MGs.....anyways.....I guess 25W is enough for a basketball court sized venue? First question is: Would my Spider cut it? Chances are it won't....but just double checking. Anyways, a VOX sounds good.....and my craigslist's musical instruments section is completely empty.....
Ibanez GRG220DEX (sending it in for warranty, lost thread)
Line 6 Spider III 15 Watt (Got to go, lame piece of wood)
Dude, I was actually thinking of that, but I'm looking at something that I can use over and over again....you know.....renting stuff just doesn't seem worth it.....maybe it's just me. I just want something that would be worth my money.....I wasn't raised around rented stuff.....and I'm only 14......so money must be spent wisely in my case.....
Ibanez GRG220DEX (sending it in for warranty, lost thread)
Line 6 Spider III 15 Watt (Got to go, lame piece of wood)