Page 1 of 2
Is it illegal to wave a flag from the bed of your truck in city limits?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
probably not, but it is retarded.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Haha its not a rainbow flag.
But would there be any fines or anything for it?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave

he's talking about me!
Quote by jgbsmith
probably not, but it is retarded.

Exactly, showing pride for your country is retarded!

Quote by veggiederek
Haha its not a rainbow flag.
But would there be any fines or anything for it?

I doubt it, unless it's a Nazi flag or something.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

precisely.

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Well, I'd have to say it is if that country is the Confederate States of America.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Lucky he isnt at Ibrox then eh?
Quote by veggiederek
Is it illegal to wave a flag from the bed of your truck in city limits?

It could be considerd as a distraction.
Team Coco
I got told to take my flag bearing The Cross of St George down on St George's day last year by the police... For... Get this... 'Enciting racial hatred'.

I felt like a prisoner in my own country.
Quote by Shyne
I got told to take my flag bearing The Cross of St George down on St George's day last year by the police... For... Get this... 'Enciting racial hatred'.

Well, your flag was blatently anti-dragon.

If it's a tiny flag (like the ones that go on antennas), you can fly it. Larger flags need to be attached to the truck so that they don't flap, or else they can site you for causing disctractions, unsafe driving, whatever.

At least in New York State.
Did you have any fines for 'Enciting Racial Hatred'?
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave

he's talking about me!
Quote by Shyne

That was because of the 'I hate pakis' you had written on it
It depends city by city. Here in Minneapolis as long as the truck is standing still its ok but not while in motion. You'd have to check your local ordinances, both for the city and county.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Or a Confederacy Flag. I think.
Just stick it out the window?
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Quote by Shyne

that's ridiculous. so instead of people stopping racial hatred, they're just stopping people showing their 'race' so to speak?

what is the world coming to?
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Quote by Mr.Feather
that's ridiculous. so instead of people stopping racial hatred, they're just stopping people showing their 'race' so to speak?

what is the world coming to?
It's not race it's nationality
in a place that i "used" to work i had a small scottish flash sitting in a glass on my desk, my supervisor came over and asked me to remove the flag for no reason what so ever.

This is how it went.

John - "David could you please remove that Scotland flag from your desk please, its is inappropriate for the work place"

Me - "Why must i remove it when i am only showing patrionism for my country? Techinically by telling me to remove this is a racist remark and therefore i will be treating it as one and making a formal complaint"

John - "Oh well it doesn't matter then it was just upsetting some people around the office"

Me - "Really but i dont really get upset with the english flags that are on peoples desks, and Robert over there has an African flag on his desk"

*End Of Conversation*

My supervisor was english and upon some research i found out he wasn't too fond of the scots.

So technically if your flying your countries flag and someone asks you to take it, that person is being racist.
Quote by 7stringusr
+99999999999999999999999999999999

Guitars

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
"Jackson Warrior" (still needs funding)

Amplol

Crate GT65

Pedals

Vox Satchurator
Cry Baby
Phraser

My Last.fm

Fallout 3 Data
Quote by Shyne

Go tell the daily mail.
Quote by Into The Unknow
So technically if your flying your countries flag and someone asks you to take it, that person is being racist.
For ****s sake no they're not. It is discrimination but it's a matter of nationality not race/ethnicity
Quote by Lucretian
Go tell the daily mail.
Oh god +999, 999, 999, 999
Last edited by Nietsche at Jul 26, 2009,
I've seen people do it before.

The only people who will get bothered are pompous ******s who have a problem with people liking something that they don't. I hope you have a huge ass truck and run right over their prius.
Quote by thankyougermany
Well, I'd have to say it is if that country is the Confederate States of America.

Whats wrong with that?
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by heavenbesideyou
Whats wrong with that?
The confederate states are the ones that fought in the civil war to keep blacks as slaves lrn2history
This post is not in anyway racist i'm just going to be using the slurs to make a point

To Nietsche

Let me give you an example

Chinese = Nationality - for which the "RACIAL" slur is gooks

African, Indian etc etc = Nationality for which the "RACIAL" slur is ******

Italian = Nationality for what the "RACIAL" slur is I-TIE
Quote by 7stringusr
+99999999999999999999999999999999

Guitars

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
"Jackson Warrior" (still needs funding)

Amplol

Crate GT65

Pedals

Vox Satchurator
Cry Baby
Phraser

My Last.fm

Fallout 3 Data
Quote by Nietsche
The confederate states are the ones that fought in the civil war to keep blacks as slaves lrn2history

Oh you mean this one?

Just because the KKK and other hate groups use it doesn't mean its a symbol of hate. It just simply shows having pride being from the south.

lrn2notbesoliberal
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by Into The Unknow
This post is not in anyway racist i'm just going to be using the slurs to make a point

To Nietsche

You're as bad as that Palin lady.

Quote by Into The Unknow

To Nietsche

Did you just say Africa is a nation?
Quote by heavenbesideyou
Oh you mean this one?
(Invalid img)

Just because the KKK and other hate groups use it doesn't mean its a symbol of hate. It just simply shows having pride being from the south.

lrn2notbesoliberal

You have a point, but what's wrong with being liberal?
Last edited by frankv at Jul 26, 2009,
My friend basically has this:

Never been given any trouble for it.
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
Quote by fankv
You have a point, but what's wrong with being liberal?
American 'liberals' are usually just moderate conservatives
Quote by jgbsmith
You're as bad as that Palin lady.
Judging by his assumption that everyone of a certain nationality will share the same ethnic/racial profile he is that Sarah Palin lady
Quote by heavenbesdideyou
lrn2notbesoliberal
I didn't say there was anything wrong with the confederate flag. I was just pointing out what the guy you quoted was talking about lern2notbesopresumptious
It is illegal to be in the bed of a truck while moving. It violates seatbelt laws, and I'm sure they could ticket the driver for something more.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
And why would you need to fly a flag on your truck??? seriously though whats the point..okay youre proud of youre country or where you come from, your culture etc... but do you really need a big a$$ flag on your car to prove that?!?!!? Its like the people that have a flag in their front garden...WHY???
Quote by heavenbesideyou
Oh you mean this one?
(Invalid img)

lrn2notbesoliberal

thats such a bogus argument man. the only thing you are celebrating or showing 'pride' for is your ancestors being racists. the confederate flag is a symbol of the south during the civil war, the south during the civil war is a symbol of slavery. no, i dont think it should be outlawed because of freedom of speech, but i do think its a racist symbol because alot of people take it that way.

dont believe me? come up north and walk through a predominantly black neighborhood wearing a confederate flag shirt and see what happens.

TS, is the truck moving? i dont think you can sit in the bed of a pickup while its moving regardless.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Maybe if the flag says "Burn Niggers" or something.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
thats such a bogus argument man. the only thing you are celebrating or showing 'pride' for is your ancestors being racists. the confederate flag is a symbol of the south during the civil war, the south during the civil war is a symbol of slavery. no, i dont think it should be outlawed because of freedom of speech, but i do think its a racist symbol because alot of people take it that way.

dont believe me? come up north and walk through a predominantly black neighborhood wearing a confederate flag shirt and see what happens.

TS, is the truck moving? i dont think you can sit in the bed of a pickup while its moving regardless.

The South during the Civil War was a symbol for state's rights. One of the rights they claimed was the right for each state to pass its own laws regarding slavery.
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
I could go into a long rant about how being proud of circumstances beyond your control only contributes to discrimination, racism, hatred, and war (Esepcially if you're proud of being born in a certain country), but I'll just say that flying a flag on your truck is retarded.

Edit: And the Civil War was not fought over slavery.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by Sawman3
The South during the Civil War was a symbol for state's rights. One of the rights they claimed was the right for each state to pass its own laws regarding slavery.

i went to school in virginia my first year of college and my roommate had a huge confederate flag on the wall. we probably had this conversation weekly

i realize there was much, much more to the civil war than just slavery but without the slavery issue there most likely wouldnt have been a civil war. while you cant say that the war was fought over slavery, considering that the economic system of the south was largely based on it, the south was fighting for the right to keep blacks as slaves.

i think because of that, the confederate flag became a symbol of oppressing blacks and in a larger sense, racism.

Quote by sixstringsteve
Maybe if the flag says "Burn Niggers" or something.

yeah, maybe if a swastika said 'die jews' or something it would be a racist symbol too...
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Jul 26, 2009,
Page 1 of 2