I've just purchased a ZOOM g2.1u. I'm in a bit of a trouble, since I've only had it for a few days and the unit is pretty complicated for me, a guy who doesn't have any experience with pedals or amps. But I know that this is a pedal that you can create pretty decent tones with if you have the experience.

I'm aware of the fact the most important part of learning how to create a sound I like is exprimenting with different settings. However, I'm doing a couple of covers now, and I need to create two kinds of overdriven/distorted tone. One that post-hardcore-ish bands like Silverstein, The Devil Wears Prada and UnderOATH use, and the other one for the type of sound that for example Anberlin or Kill Hannah has.

I know that some of you might not like these bands or their guitar sounds, but if you could get past that and help out a beginner, I would really appreciate it. Keep in mind that I'm _really_ new to this stuff, so I would prefer more than a general answer. But any help you can give would be awesome. =)

Oh, and I don't know if matters much, but just so you know: I'm not using an amplifier. I'm connecting the g2.1u directly to my computer.