So I'm going to be getting a PRS Custom 24 *soon*.

I went to Guitar Center to check them out and they were around $4200-4700...

My question would be, if anyone new if I could hopefully save a bit of money ordering straight through PRS. If anyone has done that it would be appreciated if you could tell me when you ordered your guitar and how much it was.

$4200 seems like I lot. I was expecting to pay a little closer to a $2700 top end for a custom 24...am I just crazy or are they really 4k guitars?

Edit: Can anyone point me in the right direction for custom ordering a prs? I'm looking on the site but can't find anyway of actually ordering from them...
Proghead and Proud
Last edited by SchecterAbuser7 at Jul 26, 2009,
i just looked on ebay and alot of them were around £1,900 - 3,500 ish.
i dont know much about prs but try and look at other guitar stores (sites) and see if they're around £4,000 then i guess you have your answer

sorry for not being any help

edit: scroll down and there's a few prs custom 24 http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/product-list.asp?manuid=83&catid=3

just realised that you put the price in dollars
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at Jul 26, 2009,
3500-4000 depending on options is what you should expect to pay new. You can only order through PRS directly if you doing something totally custom (ie ~$10,000). I own one, and can tell you IT IS NOT WORTH THAT MUCH MONEY. Its a great guitar, but way overpriced for what you get. Look used or at some other options.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
It depends on if they are artist signatures or not. But as far as I know the custom 24's usually range from 3-4 thousand.
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Quote by britishsligean
i find prs are seriously overpriced worse than gibson and they are bad

Lol maybe overpriced but they are amazing guitars. You should pick one up and play one, I instantly fell in love when I did.
Proghead and Proud
i checked the online price at musicians friend and they want about $3800 for them. i know thats alot but thats better than $4200
Quote by SchecterAbuser7
Lol maybe overpriced but they are amazing guitars. You should pick one up and play one, I instantly fell in love when I did.

For the same price (or less) you can built your personal dream guitar using a company like Warmoth.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
For the same price (or less) you can built your personal dream guitar using a company like Warmoth.

but but but...it doesn't say PRS at the top!
Proghead and Proud
Quote by SchecterAbuser7
but but but...it doesn't say PRS at the top!

its not always about the name my friend

They're extremely nice guitars, and IMO worth the $2500-3000 tag usually seen for new models, but paying over $4000 for one is TOO MUCH, so if I were your I'd keep looking at other places, but as much as I love PRS, I understand not everybody likes them, so make sure you REALLY like them before spending so much money.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by padgea7x
its not always about the name my friend

Take your filthy lies out of my thread!
Proghead and Proud
Quote by SchecterAbuser7
Take your filthy lies out of my thread!

so you'd buy a guitar with a terrible neck, cheap pickups and worn out frets if it said prs on it.....?

i would too