I want to start either a melodic death metal band, or a metalcore band. Around something with dual leads harmonizing etc. I'm looking for people around my age or close. As for some influences I want a band if for melodic death to be around making stuff similar to Arch Enemy, or Children of Bodom, inflames etc. As for a metalcore Band Stuff more like August burns Red, All that Remains, Lamb of God. But for another thing I want to have our own unique sound and ideas not just a bunch of rips off other bands. I also have a lot of other influences but that is all I’m listing for now for a general idea. I'm 18 years old. If you’re interested: Email me at melodicmetalcore7@hotmail.com or reply on here. If you want to join you must have a good upbeat attitude, ability to get along with others. You must have great determination to get our band out there. I do not only want band mates but, I want to make future close friends as well. I’d prefer no drugs; if your wants are to do stuff like that I’m not interested.

Band mates requirements for different slots in the band:

Another thing is we need to be tight knit not sloppy. As example we need to be in sync when playing together at gigs. If your gonna freeze up on stage you might wanna reconsider joining. We want to be professional and give off alot of energy and have a good stage presence. Timming needs to be exact not off.

Also having your own equipment is another. As for the vocalist we will have to figure out a way to get some good sound equipment etc.

Guitarist: Needs a good amount of playing experience, Needs good Rhythm skills, lead ability is a plus.

Bassist: Needs To keep a good steady Beat going with the drums and the guitars. Needs to have good rhythm to keep in sync with the other instruments.

Drummer: Needs to be able to play double bass and has to have it apart of their kit. The drummer needs to be the base of the band to be the driving force of all the instruments melding into one sound.

Vocalist: Screaming style with Clarity in their scream so they are understandable. Being able to have a good clean voice is a plus but not needed. Their needs to be range to the scream not just monotone vocals. Also it would be preferred If you can Scream without putting stress on your vocal chords. You have to be able to use technique.

If you just want to jam I’m fine with that hit me up sometime.
I live in Albion, Michigan. I’ve been playing for 1 year and a half. I’m still learning stuff. I am self taught. I’m a fast learner, I can’t solo yet but I’m in the process of learning. I can play a good rhythm so far. I’m very dedicated to playing guitar, I play at least once a day for around 2 3 hours. I can scream pretty decent. I love all types of metal with a passion. I don’t have a bunch of equipment, I plan on getting a half stack eventually but for now what I have is good enough.

My gear: Guitars: Dean Ml, Schecter, and a Kramer
Amp: Line 6 Spider 3 120 watt/ Fbv express board pedal
Last edited by melodicguitar7 at Jul 26, 2009,
dude ive been looking to join a band i also like to play melodic metalcore stuff i am also self taught and

to bad you live to far away tho
Quote by catalan123
dude ive been looking to join a band i also like to play melodic metalcore stuff i am also self taught and

to bad you live to far away tho

double post lol, but where at do you live and you play guitar I'm guessing?
Lives in traverse city Michigan <--- However the metalcore thing is really over done, expecialy in this state for it to peak my interest. Persons under 22 enjoy it a great deal, But I like to gain respect from people who know what real metal is.
Quote by sir_hoovington
Lives in traverse city Michigan <--- However the metalcore thing is really over done, expecialy in this state for it to peak my interest. Persons under 22 enjoy it a great deal, But I like to gain respect from people who know what real metal is.

Then why did you reply? I consider metalcore a metal genre even tho alot don't. I enjoy it but that doesn't mean I don't know real metal, but I cosider it real metal. Except for the bands that do it as a fashion a trend and some of the emo bands that try to be in the genre.