This is a little more progressive then my usual take, has a couple outside influences, August Burns Red played a huge part in it.

This song was actually made because a fellow T&C regular (Thomasoman) said metalcore guitarists were "meatheads" essantially, and couldn't write anything out of 4/4.

So I made this song to prove him wrong, that I can write some decent -core whilst it having some originality to it.
Attachments:
Default.gp5
Default.gp4
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Last edited by MattAnderson111 at Jul 26, 2009,
I said it was genre dominated more by instrumentalists than musicians. Don't twist my words. >.>

Good job though, as I said, this is my favorite song from you at the moment.
GP4 version, please?
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Nice intro, reminds me of ABR a bit. Starting at bar 7, I think you should add the harmony, rather than waiting until bar 9. Making that riff into a break worked very well IMO, loved it.

The 7/8 4/4 section flowed very well. A little less when the chugging came in, but not bad.

The first riff is getting a bit repetitive now....

The part starting at bar 47 was good, sounded jazzy to me.

Then the breakdown comes in. I thought it was awesome; reminded me of Suicide Silence.

I would've liked the outro if you hadn't held out the last note. I think a quick "dun" would have been better.

I would give it an 8/10 - 9/10.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20919068#post20919068
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
I dig the intro. Cool stuff.
Blasting snare is a little irritating in GP but i'm sure it would be better IRL
long chugging section..
I love the riff at 20 aside from the 1/0 chord at the end of each phrase
31 another great riff, however when it goes back into that intro riff, it feels too repetative, as they have the same basic feel
Clean section was eerie and really great
Lulz at 8/4 time
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
I dig the intro. Cool stuff.
Blasting snare is a little irritating in GP but i'm sure it would be better IRL
long chugging section..
I love the riff at 20 aside from the 1/0 chord at the end of each phrase
31 another great riff, however when it goes back into that intro riff, it feels too repetative, as they have the same basic feel
Clean section was eerie and really great
Lulz at 8/4 time

I was working with 7/4 and realized it sounded better with the standard 4/4, but instead of changing it all back i went to 8/4.

DONT JUDGE ME.

Poop.

Yes, poop.
Matt you did a great job with this one. Very good ABR style I really enjoyed the solo. I hope your using a Delay effect and a really typical jazz fusion effect for that part if your band plays it. My only critique is the song feels a tad slow at parts i cant really describe it but its not big deal. Good job . 8.5/10