Alright I'm selling my multi-fx pedal as I just can't seem to connect and dial in a decent tone (Korg AX1500g) when connected to my Fender Hot Rod. It just doesnt have that oomph for me, although I haven't been playing a great deal of time (7ish or so months ).

I'm aiming to try and get a decent setup of individual pedals together. I'll be getting one by one as they are expensive and my monies needs to go elsewhere too . I've already started with a overdrive pedal (set me back £70). Although I'll be getting most effects sometime eventually, I would love to know how you guys priotise your important effects and what effects you use alot , phaser, flanger, EQ's?, delays? Brands need not be named but wouldnt mind knowing what to look out for brand wise for each effect in the future .

So then, what are your must have pedal effects!
For me, my Akai Headrush E2 is used almost every time I play. It's a looper and a delay, and since I do a lot of post-rock/ shoegaze stuff, it's pretty important for me.

Also, a good delay is extremely important in my opinion. I like the warmth and dark, saturated repeats of analog delays, but digital ones are nice for more clean, sterile repeats. I use an MXR Carbon Copy and a Boss DD-6, but I'm upgrading the Carbon Copy to something warmer sounding.

Cheers!
I could make some lame searchbar joke, but instead I'll just tell you that this thread has been done many times before.

Either way, I actually am the same as nightraven. Gain-based effect, reverb, analog delay, and chorus for cleans is all I need.
I need nothing mire than a tube amp and a noise suppressor.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
the BOSS duel-chorus simulator on my digitech rp-90. The real thing is probably much better, but i think they discontinued it. It really tightens up my dis/od and gives it more crunch, but also makes my cleans sound great.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by smartalec007 at Jul 26, 2009,
I like my MI Audio Blues Pro, Its an amazing OD with a fuzz switch. Aside from that I use my Carbon Copy delay and Dunlop Wah a lot too.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Wah - Distortion - Fuzz

thats all I need

and compressor for smooth cleans : )
Dunlop Slash Wah - Bought
MXR Custom Audio Electronics MC-402 Boost/Overdrive - In need of
Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb - I need of

Boss TU-2

Line 6 - M16 for everything else!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Currently I only have a distortion (rat), because I have no money, but my ranking of pedals (starting with most important) are -

Distortion
Wah
Chorus
Delay
Overdrive
Whammy
Flanger
Fuzz
EQ
Volume
Phaser
Tuner
Noisegate
Last edited by greenwoodfan93 at Jul 26, 2009,
You def. want an analog chorus. I highly recommend the Ibanez CS9- I love mine, and if you have a guitar with some good pups and a sweet amp, it sounds even better.

I also like the Morely Bad Horsey II- its not a traditional wah, but its pretty good with its instant response
Dont know if I could play without the NS-2, I have a budget stack, so noise can be an issue. My favorite is the Verbzilla, and the Org. Crybaby Wah
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Wah, Delay, OD.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
delay
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Get yourself a nice delay and a versatile fuzz and everything else is up to you.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
1. Tuner
2. Wah
3. Overdrive/Distortion
4. Delay
5. Chorus
6. Fuzz
etc.

imo a tuner is the most important thing
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112