I recently bought the peavey 6505+ head and Mesa cab and think its pretty sweet but I'm having some trouble with the tone. I can't seem to get a nice distorted lead on it, and sometimes when I play it loud, it gets a bit muddy. Anyone have any suggestions or comments?

Thanks
turn down the gain
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by dvm25
I recently bought the peavey 6505+ head and Mesa cab and think its pretty sweet but I'm having some trouble with the tone. I can't seem to get a nice distorted lead on it, and sometimes when I play it loud, it gets a bit muddy. Anyone have any suggestions or comments?

Thanks

dont max the gain
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Turn all the EQ to noon, presence and resonance off, gain no higher than noon, and EQ from there, using your 3 band EQ FIRST. Don't scoop your mids (or at least, don't scoop them at first, I've heard opposite things about the nature of the amp's midrange). After finding a sound you kinda like by tweaking the EQ, THEN work with presence and resonance. Either of them too high will create mud, same goes for gain.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores