i hope you can give me some good information im looking to forward to some of the answers, and yes i have asked on photography and video forums but no replys...

I am an avid skateboarder who has just finished a course in photography (which isnt going to help with my question i fear) anyway, i would really like to buy a video camera that will give me all or most of these aspects.
- High Frames Per Second (say around 70ish to maybe 120)
- HD (not nessescary but would be nice)
- Works with computers well and easily (Camera cards would be a great help)
- Works with Video Editing software (i have Ulead 11)
- Can attach a Fish Eye lens with ease and be taken off
- Tripod attachment
- not nessecary to have these next features but would be good, Black and White filming mode, a good zoom doesnt have to be too far but NOT just a digital zoom.

I will check back on this regulary

i will try to respond to all answers if needed.

so really i need help with camera selections. if i need to make a handle for the camera i can do so in time, but suggestions that would meet all or some of the things in the list above would be great. thanks alot for your time and interest in my question

EDIT1:
These are quite a good examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHU_j...eature=channel

Though the cameras quality isnt very good evn when you press HQ i know its youtube compressing the video file. so HD would handy thanks (Forgot to mention a decent battery life is needed if i need to buy a spare so be it) but at the end of the video at around 1:21 the slow mo part hasnt got a very good FPS set and can see all the frames one after the other. im tryin to avoid that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXu54PcdnVA

I am also looking in to the camera in the video above.
"If you watch the jaws movie backwards, its about a shark who regurgitates people untill they have to open a beach."
There is a photography group and thread i think, they might be able to answer.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Quote by tremeloud
There is a photography group and thread i think, they might be able to answer.

There is?!? O.o My god lol sorry ill post this in there thanks
"If you watch the jaws movie backwards, its about a shark who regurgitates people untill they have to open a beach."
Any Sony miniDV cam. maybe Canon. Settle on nothing but miniDV. Pretty much every other format is ****, even the ones that are HD. the finished product looks cheap.
Quote by Comrade Curry
Camera doesnt matter so much as the lens. FISHEYIEE!

Yeah man the fisheye's effect looks amazing, but having it in HD would look sick on this wide ass tv/pc monitor thing i have. Any advice on cameras with a external attachment for lenses?
Quote by Psychaberration
Any Sony miniDV cam. maybe Canon. Settle on nothing but miniDV. Pretty much every other format is ****, even the ones that are HD. the finished product looks cheap.

excellent thanks, ill look into those. im hearing alot from Sony and Cannon being good choices i like sony alot so thats no bad thing lol
Don't make a skating video... too many of them. They're all the same and they're all completely unoriginal.
Quote by Psychaberration
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11034787

this is the one I'm getting for my Indie films/ skate videos and college. 2 of my friends already have it and absolutely love it. it may be way out of your price range but it's the standard these days.

YEEEeeeooowww..... amazing looking camera but i gotta say im a casual filmer :P around 700 is my price range and thats my Maximum limit but im going for much cheaper if i can help it. but i hope you enjoy that cam ya lucky git i want somthing like that lol
Let me start off by saying studying photography will actually be great help, the key to a good picture or piece of film is light and composition, they share the same fundamentals

Anyway it's hard to recommend a camera without you stating a price, i could just say buy a RED cam.. that would be the best solution

But i can't really suggest anything yet, but you're computer and editing software needs to be up to the job, especially for 1080p HD. I'm not sure if ulead is up to it, unless it says it can handle HD. If not then look into the budget versions of Adobe Premiere (elements) or Sony Vegas (studio)... and if you're a mac'man, then Final cut express.

Another thing to remember, for smooth motion footage, you're probably going to need a Steady Cam .

EDIT, oh, 700.. well look into the Canon or Sony HD cams, i think JCV evario's are decent too.
Last edited by vitchb at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by vitchb
Let me start off by saying studying photography will actually be great help, the key to a good picture or piece of film is light and composition, they share the same fundamentals

Anyway it's hard to recommend a camera without you stating a price, i could just say buy a RED cam.. that would be the best solution

But i can't really suggest anything yet, but you're computer and editing software needs to be up to the job, especially for 1080p HD. I'm not sure if ulead is up to it, unless it says it can handle HD. If not then look into the budget versions of Adobe Premiere (elements) or Sony Vegas (studio)... and if you're a mac'man, then Final cut express.

Another thing to remember, for smooth motion footage, you're probably going to need a Steady Cam .

EDIT, oh, 700.. well look into the Canon or Sony HD cams, i think JCV evario's are decent too.

thanks for the answer! and im not sure if Ulead 11 is any good to be honest, i was thinking of gettin Sony Vegas my (now Ex) friend had it and he made some great video's. but its gettin the camera then getting that software lol but ill try it out on ulead first before i go that far. thanks again for your great asnwer
Quote by lawlerskater
Don't make a skating video... too many of them. They're all the same and they're all completely unoriginal.

Lol thats were your gonna be wrong.. most people go out with no idea of what they'r gonna film they see somthing skate it a bit and move on, i have a plan for the entire section of my part and anyway i can allways use a camera for other things besides skating right? so give advice to me and stop your whining