I've got a Blackstar HT-DUAL and I'm really happy with the tone that I get from it, and I've been running it into the clean channels of various borrowed amps at gigs. However, I'd like to have my own live rig, as my Cube 60 doesn't cut it, and I'd rather hear my HT-DUAL. I've noticed that a lot of second-hand places where I live have power amps for £40-£60, so I've thought about getting one of these and running this:

Guitar > Boss TU-2 > Blackstar HT-DUAL > MXR Carbon Copy > Power Amp > 4x12 Cab

Would this work, or would it just sound crap?
It would probably sound ok, but it might sound a bit harsh because power amps are usually a lot cleaner than guitar power amps. You could easily correct this with an EQ before the power amp though.

It will really depend on what cab you use.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by Aidy Damage
I've got a Blackstar HT-DUAL and I'm really happy with the tone that I get from it, and I've been running it into the clean channels of various borrowed amps at gigs. However, I'd like to have my own live rig, as my Cube 60 doesn't cut it, and I'd rather hear my HT-DUAL. I've noticed that a lot of second-hand places where I live have power amps for £40-£60, so I've thought about getting one of these and running this:

Guitar > Boss TU-2 > Blackstar HT-DUAL > MXR Carbon Copy > Power Amp > 4x12 Cab

Would this work, or would it just sound crap?

It'll work, the Blackstar HT-Dual acts as a tube pre-amp.
CrimsonBizzare has it right. The HT-Dual will act as a preamp, the power amps only job will be to amplify the signal further and to drive some speakers. A good power amp, in my mind, shouldn't color the tone of the preamp too much - if at all.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by higgins666
Isn't the HT-5 head/combo esentially the HT-Drive into a power amp. So, in theory it should sound pretty good
The preamp in the HT-5 is (basically) the same as what you get from a HT-Dual pedal.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by Aidy Damage
The poweramps aren't high-end stuff, just 300W or so solid-state things.
Try it, you never know till you do.

My favorite amp, to this day, is solid state.
Quote by Marty Friedman