Poll: Do you ever go to movies alone?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you ever go to movies alone?
Yes
10 7%
Never
97 72%
Occasionally
27 20%
Voters: 134.
Page 1 of 2
Has any of you in the pit ever gone to the movie theater alone? Like maybe if there was a movie you really wanted to see but no one else wanted to? Or you just couldn't get a date?
Or you wanted to see Twilight but didn't want anyone to know that you went and saw the movie?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Nope. I don't like being that guy. If it's a movie I really want to see but no one else is interested, I'll just trick them into going. Candy usually works.
not for movies you see in mainstream theaters. however, i would go alone on a movie theater that shows older films like the gene siskel film center in chicago.
Sent from my iPad.
I've only been on my own a couple of times, but I greatly enjoyed it. Cinemas are pretty awful with people if you get anxiety.
yes, as an avid movie enthusiast and possible future movie director I love to just analyze a good piece of cinema by myself.
I hardly ever go to the cinema so I'm gonna say "Never."
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I haven't, but I would if there was a movie I wanted to see that no one else wanted to go to or something...
I said yes, which isn't really true cause I almost never go to the movies at all.

However, I don't mind going to the movies alone and I've done it before. I actually go out alone a lot. Don't get me wrong, I love going to parties and hanging with friends and all that, but sometimes I like time to myself- and also, it's quite easy to meet new people when you're solo (at concerts and the like).
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
nope never but im wary of people who go there alone because i went to see ghosts of girlfriends past with an ex and there was a guy two rows in front of us who started w@nking during the movie

i don't know which is more disturbing, him w@nking or that i saw ghosts of girlfriends past
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by Myfirstpubes
yes, as an avid movie enthusiast and possible future movie director I love to just analyze a good piece of cinema by myself.

I'm going to college next year for Film Production and Creative Writing! I'm pumped.

oh and I usually wait until a movie comes out on DVD to watch it totally alone, unless its a summer blockbuster or something, then ill go with friends. Besides, most of my favorite movies were never in theaters in the first place.
I don't go aften, if fact, normally my family drag me along too see a film, but if theres something I want too see badly and no-one wants to go then I will on my own
Quote by blu_flame34
I said yes, which isn't really true cause I almost never go to the movies at all.

However, I don't mind going to the movies alone and I've done it before. I actually go out alone a lot. Don't get me wrong, I love going to parties and hanging with friends and all that, but sometimes I like time to myself- and also, it's quite easy to meet new people when you're solo (at concerts and the like).

This is the right attitude. Too many people think other people are necessary to enjoy oneself, which rly isn't the case.
i've went to two movies alone. in a forgein (sp) country haha. and both movies were a big disappointment
ALL THE TIME BECAUSE I HAVE NO FRIENDS NOR FEMALE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE AND I'M FAT AND A LOSER.

No but seriously I never have except when I dressed up as a Stormtrooper for Lord of the Rings and my GF refused to come with me.
Nope. If there's a movie I want to see alone I find it on the internet. But if I had a theater near me that showed old movies I'd probably go alone.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Grindar
ALL THE TIME BECAUSE I HAVE NO FRIENDS NOR FEMALE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE AND I'M FAT AND A LOSER.

No but seriously I never have except when I dressed up as a Stormtrooper for Lord of the Rings and my GF refused to come with me.

Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Psychaberration
I'm going to college next year for Film Production and Creative Writing! I'm pumped.

oh and I usually wait until a movie comes out on DVD to watch it totally alone, unless its a summer blockbuster or something, then ill go with friends. Besides, most of my favorite movies were never in theaters in the first place.

good luck. But yeah, its true, most of the stuff that comes out to theaters is absolute Hollywood ****. So i always look for those good unknown independent films.
If I couldn't get anyone to see it with me I would just download it
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by Stormx
This is the right attitude. Too many people think other people are necessary to enjoy oneself, which rly isn't the case.

+1 If you wanna go by yourself, go.

Quote by Myfirstpubes
good luck. But yeah, its true, most of the stuff that comes out to theaters is absolute Hollywood ****. So i always look for those good unknown independent films.

Those are are the best kind, the low budget independent films. You have to make a good enjoyable film, and not just focus on just special effects.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by Grindar

Why are you not dead?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I'm too insecure to go on my own.

Really? I get awful anxiety / insecurity and going on my own helps, purely because being inside cinemas with friends makes me very anxious (just because of the social rules which apply only in theatres). if you're on you're own you don't need to worry about that, and can concentrate on the film more.
Quote by CrimboJones
Why are you not dead?

240 pounds with an IV of saline and an awesome girlfriend>Alcohol I guess, sorry.
Mr. Burns: Excellent, now what have you got for me?
Homer: Homer Simpson has become a snitch.
Mr. Burns: Tell me something I don't know!
Homer: Sometimes I go to the movies alone.
Quote by skaterskagg1
+1 If you wanna go by yourself, go.

Those are are the best kind, the low budget independent films. You have to make a good enjoyable film, and not just focus on just special effects.

exactly! Imagination, originality and great cinematography over budget, effects and famous celebrity assholes!
Quote by Myfirstpubes
exactly! Imagination, originality and great cinematography over budget, effects and famous celebrity assholes!

While it isn't particularly low-budget, it isn't very hollywood-esque, and if you can put up with the main character being a total arse, watch Into The Wild. It's pretty gripping/moving, and has none of the pace that carries most Hollywood films.
There's a theatre within walking distance of where i live, so i go see a matinees by myself from time to time. There are few things so enjoyable as sitting by yourself with a big tub of popcorn in an empty theatre.
Quote by Stormx
While it isn't particularly low-budget, it isn't very hollywood-esque, and if you can put up with the main character being a total arse, watch Into The Wild. It's pretty gripping/moving, and has none of the pace that carries most Hollywood films.

I've seen it, not too big of a fan of Sean Penn films though.
Once, to see Juno.

Only 'cause all my friends who wanted to see it where out of town and my mum hates Ellen Page. (the crazy women)

EDIT: My mum, that is.
never.. If I want to watch a film on my own I'll watch it on the internet.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Page 1 of 2