Ok, the title maybe sucks, but never mind.

I recently bought a new guitar, a Washburn V200 Pro-E. ( http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74292 )

I was stupid enough to not ask what wood it was made of.

Well, today, after reading the 10 commandments., I looked it up and it was made of Agathis.

So, how bad is it? It sounds great, and I don't have to tune it very often.
Last edited by AtaBorMan at Jul 26, 2009,
If it sounds great what does it matter?
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
i think it LOOKS bad, at least from that pic, but it doesn't appear to be an awful guitar, and if it sounds good and plays well, nothing else matters except reliability
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
i think it LOOKS bad, at least from that pic, but it doesn't appear to be an awful guitar, and if it sounds good and plays well, nothing else matters except reliability

Excuse my bad English, but what do you mean by nothing else matters except reliability? Is there a problem with the reliability?
Quote by AtaBorMan
Excuse my bad English, but what do you mean by nothing else matters except reliability? Is there a problem with the reliability?

i don't know, i'm just saying you should take that into account
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
i don't know, i'm just saying you should take that into account

Take what in account? What may happen?
NOTHING will happen!

It's a decent middle of the road tonewood somewhat similar to mahogany, according to you it sounds good and it's no more liable to ANYTHING any more than any other guitar!

Honestly I can understand being a bit of a gear hypochondriac but what is the point of this thread exactly?
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Honestly I can understand being a bit of a gear hypochondriac but what is the point of this thread exactly?

I wanted to know if the guitar is going to.. I don't know. Frick up, brake, something like that, since it's made out of a bad kind of wood. Some long-time (or whatever it is in English) damage, like the body's going to bend in some strange way. Now I know it isn't. Thank you. No point of the thread anymore.
yea- if you say it sounds great so what. At least it isnt delicate basswood!
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
The headstock has to classify as dangerous weapon. Now I understand why they use the word "axe"!

x