Ok, so i'm on a budget that reaches up to 400 bucks, and I plan on using all of that money to get the best possible amp I can. I like to play metal/metalcore for the most part. So it's gotta have a good OD channel. I was looking at B-52's AT-112 60W, can anybody give me a review on that and how it would sound for metal? Same thing with a Rocktron V80R. I was looking at that one and was wondering how it would sound if someone wanted to play metal through it. Also, any and every suggestion is welcomed
I am going to get crucified for suggesting this, but the Marshall MG250DFX is good for the money. You can get one used pretty cheap, and its loud enough to play over a drumset. The 250DFX is better than the 100DFX because it has two speakers instead of one, thus enabling stereo sound.
Also, I've seen some tube combos from Marshall used for under 400, so I'd take a look at your local craigslist dealings. You'll be pleasantly surprised at the vibrant used market that offers good amps cheap.
a marshall or laney solid state combo is probably the way to go, at least on that budget
Quote by Richmanofaction
I am going to get crucified for suggesting this, but the Marshall MG250DFX is good for the money. You can get one used pretty cheap, and its loud enough to play over a drumset. The 250DFX is better than the 100DFX because it has two speakers instead of one, thus enabling stereo sound.
Also, I've seen some tube combos from Marshall used for under 400, so I'd take a look at your local craigslist dealings. You'll be pleasantly surprised at the vibrant used market that offers good amps cheap.

wow, i thought some1 would have butchered u by now, i guess ur lucky dude
i dont really have a problem with MGs like every1 on ug
TS, if u like the marshall get it
and about the B-52, im planning on getting it, and if its on alfs list, i think it would work for wat u want
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal