right now i have a fender amp i put on clean and use my line 6 tonecore uber metal distortion pedal for all the distortion (i play classic metal). but the amp is just not loud enough (65w) when im playing with my band. my price range goes up to about $450 but if i really need to i can possibly reach $600. and the other question i have is will my pedal sound different with a different amp? cause i love the tone and all the gain i get outta it.
do you have a frontman???
i would say buy a fender hot rod deluxe they take pedals very well

EDIT: they are a bit out of your price range but you could probably find a used one
Fender American Deluxe Strat, Epiphone Firebird Studio Worn Cherry, Adam Black S5ce

Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack, Keeley BD-2, Proco Vintage Rat, MXR Script Phase 90, Danelectro Chorus, Marshall Echohead

Peavey Classic 30
Last edited by rhcp-legends at Jul 26, 2009,
Why not buy a good amp that already has good gains and stuff? It'd be better i think. I used the Uber Metal pedal through a frontman, i bought my ValveKing and it blew it away. You'd definately be able to get a good metal amp for your price range.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Definitely don't get a solid starte amp. Just go to guitarcenter.com, go to amps, then combos, then tube combos, then pick your price range.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
If a 65 watt amp is too quiet, even if it is solid state, you're doing something terribly wrong.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
If a 65 watt amp is too quiet, even if it is solid state, you're doing something terribly wrong.

Maybe he's turning the midrange completely off on both the amp and pedal?

Or maybe his drummer can't tip-tap.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Definitely don't get a solid starte amp. Just go to guitarcenter.com, go to amps, then combos, then tube combos, then pick your price range.
Line 6 Flextone 3 or Vetta II...

Tubes aren't everything.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by stradivari310

sometimes it happens, if you want an amp to cut through the mix, you might need some power, and power doesnt always mean loudness, my 120 watt crate halfstack isn't that loud, i have to put the volume at 7 to hear myself
and some drummers just don't know how to be quiet
Try the Peavy Bandit 112. It's loud enough for my band (80w). Sounds great with my distortion pedal.
If you want a clean amp for the sake of just using the Uber-distotion, I would instead just get a used Peavey 5150
Theres no point in spending 500 bucks on and amp when your just gonna run that pedal through it. Get a used 6505, easily will be much ebtter than that.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
yeah im fine with used, and to all the people wondering why its not loud enough, when i put it on clean or use the amps distortion it gets plenty loud but for some reason with the pedal when i turn the volume up past like halfway it doesnt get any louder it just like tears apart the tone and makes it sound better. and the people saying just get a good metal amp, is there anything that can match my pedals distortion and gain? cause i have a pretty perticular taste in tones. my eq on my pedal is treble 10 drive 10 mid 10 scoop 10 bass 1 (flameshields up)
Quote by JoePerry4life
Theres no point in spending 500 bucks on and amp when your just gonna run that pedal through it. Get a used 6505, easily will be much ebtter than that.

+1
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??