I have a crappy acoustic guitar from when i started playing and it sucks so i am going to by one with my birthday money i have around 150 to 200 to spend on it. I need a more advanced one that sounds and feels good. Also it has to be from Guitar Center because i have store credit there. So any suggestions pit? Thanks!
Yamaha F335 (I have one, great guitar, highly recommend by many as a budget guitar)
Takamine S16 or something? Its also recommended
Save more money. Acoustics generally aren't worth your money until you spend $300 US
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
for $200 the only guitar i know of worth bothering with is the yamaha fg700s or any yamaha 700 series that might be on sale or that you might have a coupon for. otherwise i agree that $300 is the cutoff. the fg700s has a solid top and sounds pretty good - not as good to me as the fg730s, but still good with a nice finish and well made. the catch for some is it's folk sized, but that's not really a problem to me or a lot of other people.

the laminate top yamaha 300 series has less sustain, less "life" to the sound and less nuance. in other words, it doesn't sound as good as the solid-top 700 series. the low priced taks and ibanezes don't come close, and i wasn't pleased with lower priced epihpones.

Quote by AceFrehley35
I have a crappy acoustic guitar from when i started playing and it sucks so i am going to by one with my birthday money i have around 150 to 200 to spend on it. I need a more advanced one that sounds and feels good. Also it has to be from Guitar Center because i have store credit there. So any suggestions pit? Thanks!