does anyone know how i could get better at them? i've been trying for awhile but I can't seem to beable to hold all of the frets down. Is this somthing I practice or am I doing it wrong? For example, FMaj I bar all the 1st frets with my index finger, middle finger on the 2nd fret g string and my ring finger and pinky on the 3rd frets of A and D string. Is that right?

Also, this has nothing to do with this but can anyone comfirm these tabs?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/f/foo_fighters/everlong_acoustic_tab.htm
i've been searching youtube all day to see if i could find these tabs in use and can't find a vid.

Answers to both questions very appreciated.
Yes you're doing it right just work on pushing down every string on the 1st fret till there isn't a muted note and then add the extra fingers. When i first got a guitar i didn't know how to read tabs and when i look i though you just barred every fret that said so if it was like 2/4 on the 3rd string i would bar every string and do it. Then when i went to lessons for the first time and found about tab i was like ohhhhh and then barred chords were really easy for me.
practice practice practice.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Learn an easy song that uses mostly barre chords and just play it over and over, you'll get it. Stray Cat Strut comes to mind. You can learn it in 5 minutes.
Quote by TK1
practice practice practice.

Yep, soon you'll think "How could I not do this?"
Your life burns faster!

Gear: Esp Kirk Hammett signature series Ltd. KH-202
A good way to practice barre chords (or any chord, really) is to strum it, the arpeggiate it. Listening for dead notes. If you find some, you need to adjust your hand so the dead notes disappear.
Quote by pepsi_lovr
A good way to practice barre chords (or any chord, really) is to strum it, the arpeggiate it. Listening for dead notes. If you find some, you need to adjust your hand so the dead notes disappear.
This, and if you're getting dead notes try changing the angle of your barring finger slightly rather than putting more pressure on.