Need a good song to play rhythm guitar on to work the fingers, not too easy, not too hard, a nice one if you get me, has to be in Estandard. Preferably thrash type metal.
Last edited by Lollage123 at Jul 26, 2009,
Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth minus the solo if you're just looking for rhythm.
listen to Malcolm Young - one of the best rythmn guitarists ever.

Here's a tip - put on Back in Black and if you turn the balance on your stereo to the right you will only hear Angus Young so you can chug along to Malcolms rythmns to your hearts content.

If you want to be Angus - turn the balance the other way.
Quote by V_Fluffy
listen to Malcolm Young - one of the best rythmn guitarists ever.

Here's a tip - put on Back in Black and if you turn the balance on your stereo to the right you will only hear Angus Young so you can chug along to Malcolms rythmns to your hearts content.

If you want to be Angus - turn the balance the other way.

I listen through iTunes so I presume going into the EQ?

Also, I'd like somethng thats heavily revolved around the rhythm without a big epic solo to lead up to if you know what I mean.
Burn in Hell- Dimmu Borgir (Twisted Sister cover)
My first real riff.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Seek and Destroy, enter sandman, master of puppets rhythm... I use Jump in the fire as a warm up.

You could do whiskey in the jar but just play it in E Standard, it sounds just as good.
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Quote by slickerthnsleek
If you want practise at keeping a rhythm, the second half of One by Metallica.

+500000921398705981709817345

That is murder for amateur speed-pickers. Get to it!
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
Quote by Lollage123
I listen through iTunes so I presume going into the EQ?

Also, I'd like somethng thats heavily revolved around the rhythm without a big epic solo to lead up to if you know what I mean.

Go to your sound mixer (the one with all the volume bars) and set the balance there.
Iron Man? Thats a pretty simple song. Halo by Machine Head has a very simple rythm part (except from the chorus @.@) and maybe playing a few Slipknot songs too. They're good fro building up rythm, Left Behind has a complex riff to it :P
Nicesuggestions, I'll check them all out, but to the dudewho said slipknot, they tune really low right?
Domination-Pantera
Cowboys From Hell-Pantera

Disposable heroes-Metallica
That song is perfect for rhythm, its awesome for building up stamina as well.
Metallica : Disposable heroes, damage inc, holier then thou, my apocalypse .. those are perfect for trash rhythm practice

if you want more of a challange maybe try megadeath - holy wars
drop it to D and try 11th Hour by Lamb of God though it might be a tad too difficult if your a beginner
btw i dint get if its possible or not to reduce the volumes of one of the guitars or something on ITunes. for example, suppose i'm playing Forever by As I Lay Dying, is it possible for me to mute Nick or Phil's guitar volumes ? If so, then how exactly do i do it ?