Hi! I been playing for a year and a half now and i have got some pretty good ideas for songs....i just wanted to know what i should use to record my ideas? - Would like to be able to play them back as well

Thanks!
get audacity, it's a free program you can use to record basic stuff, add basic effects, etc.
or just use windows recorder =)

as for a microphone, depends on your budget, get a cheap computer microphone if you're on a really low budget, or if you got a few more, you can get an external interface with XLR inputs that you'd plug in your computer, and then get a good microphone. The shure pg57 is a budget version of the SM57, which is pretty much the industry standard for instruments microphones.
Lmao haha i'd love sheep to sing back to me that would be awesome :P

and how much are they roughly?
Quote by Darkflame
sheeps or microphones?

the pg57 is around 50 bucks, the sm57 would be 100

a sheep, depends, if you want a living one, i don't know, if you want it ready for your barbecue, it's 5 bucks a pound

/thread.

Darkflame wins.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by Darkflame
sheeps or microphones?

the pg57 is around 50 bucks, the sm57 would be 100

a sheep, depends, if you want a living one, i don't know, if you want it ready for your barbecue, it's 5 bucks a pound

Sigged

edit: Once I have a few cards paid down a little more I plan on getting an interface and a mic, as well. I think I will be going for the PG57.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Last edited by w0lf19 at Jul 26, 2009,