How hard would it be to make a copy of the ESP telecaster replica that Izzy Stradlin played during the Sweet Child o' Mine vid?

That guitar in my opinion is one of the best looking guitars.

So it's telecaster body, no scratch plate, two humbuckers and that different headstock that it has.

I'd need to buy everything pre-cut as I don't have access to the tools needed to cut it myself. But I am fairly confident I could finish it myself.

So where can I get the stuff I need for this and is it feasible? By the way I am in the UK.
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
Check out Ebay for the neck, body and hardware.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by Shinozoku

I saw that, it's not really what I am after; because I might as well just buy a Tele instead of that.

They stopped making the guitar, or I don't know if they ever even released that guitar to the public; but it looks way better then any of the other Tele's I have seen.
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Quote by LifesSweetDrug
I saw that, it's not really what I am after; because I might as well just buy a Tele instead of that.

They stopped making the guitar, or I don't know if they ever even released that guitar to the public; but it looks way better then any of the other Tele's I have seen.

Actually, the ESP I've heard has the quality and feel of a Fender Custom Shop (which would run no less than twice the price of that).

But good point on the fact that you could probably build one closer to your spec

EDIT: OOH! Just saw it, sexy as hell! It's an ESP Tele with a Jackson headstock xD
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Jul 26, 2009,
I wish they hadn't stopped making them I've seen nothing like it.

I wouldn't really be to keen on signature guitars either, as it makes you look like your obsessed with one guitarist as you want his set-up if you know what I mean.

Do you think if I chat Izzy up, he'd give me his guitar? haha
Fender American Strat
-
-
Lol! One can dream

But if it's what I think it is, specs are probably like so:
Alder body
Maple neck (either bolt on or thru-body, looks like it might be thru-body)
Rosewood or ebony board with what appear to be the ESP Thumbnail markers.
Black binding on the body with a white finish and an arched top.
Pickups are probably SD Alnico II's or 59's (pick your fave pickups pretty much).

So you have some variations on what you could do with it.

Also, I own a signature guitar It's a great one, too!

Oh and the guitar looks like it might have 24 frets. Too much movement for me too tell.

Yet another edit It also has a Floyd Rose, which I suspected (once again, too much movement).

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Chears dude You know your stuff!

I'll have to pin this thread or something else I'll forget.

Does it matter if the tele bodies don't have scratch plate? Will there be a wholes visible if there isn't a scratch plate basically is what I am saying.
Fender American Strat
-
-
Quote by LifesSweetDrug
Chears dude You know your stuff!

I'll have to pin this thread or something else I'll forget.

Does it matter if the tele bodies don't have scratch plate? Will there be a wholes visible if there isn't a scratch plate basically is what I am saying.

*Holes
And yeah, there will be visible holes. Just get a body blank and cut one up.
http://shredguitars.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=678
Here's a red one with an EMG

And it appears to be thru-neck.

Stupid name.

Thats actually a badass tele....May be my next build if i ever come up on some money.

Always wanted a tele, but they always seem middle of the road and too "blues-ish" for my tastes(nothing wrong with that for some people tho.)
Quote by Shinozoku
*Holes
And yeah, there will be visible holes. Just get a body blank and cut one up.
http://shredguitars.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=678
Here's a red one with an EMG

And it appears to be thru-neck.

That's the one
Now I have something to do this summer.
Fender American Strat
-
-
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
Thats actually a badass tele....May be my next build if i ever come up on some money.

Always wanted a tele, but they always seem middle of the road and too "blues-ish" for my tastes(nothing wrong with that for some people tho.)

I never really liked the headstock, I always thought it was rather ugly.
Fender American Strat
-
-
Quote by LifesSweetDrug
I never really liked the headstock, I always thought it was rather ugly.

I like it for some odd reason lol....One of those kramer "hockey stick" headstocks might look good?
Quote by Shinozoku
Actually, the ESP I've heard has the quality and feel of a Fender Custom Shop (which would run no less than twice the price of that).

But good point on the fact that you could probably build one closer to your spec

EDIT: OOH! Just saw it, sexy as hell! It's an ESP Tele with a Jackson headstock xD

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20922894#post20922894

:p
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
I like it for some odd reason lol....One of those kramer "hockey stick" headstocks might look good?

I meant I don't like the Fender Tele headstocks. :P

I'd really like one like this:

But not that colour.
Fender American Strat
-
-
Quote by LifesSweetDrug
I meant I don't like the Fender Tele headstocks. :P

I'd really like one like this:

But not that colour.

I just came....i love those headstocks so much. Idk if it would look balanced on a tele though?

i always imagined 3+3 headstocks for more symmetrical shapes like v's and such.
Do you reckon it would be easier buying a Yamaha Pacifica 120, like this:

Then modding it, rather than trying to rework a telecaster body?
Fender American Strat
-
-
id say yeah as long as that guitars scale length will work with the jackson style neck youre wanting to get. but then again with that hardtail bridge you could just take it out, fill in the screw holes and put whatever bridge you want on it for whatever scale length you need. so id say yeah that sounds like a good idea.
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
Quote by LifesSweetDrug

Definitely easier. You just gotta find a neck that will fit in the pocket.
Quote by LifesSweetDrug

Without a doubt mate.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Chears guys, looking forward to doing this now
Fender American Strat
-
-
Quote by LifesSweetDrug
Chears guys, looking forward to doing this now

Looking forward to seeing it, definitely.
I was gonna suggest getting a Carvin through-body neck and an alder body blank to make the wings out of.

Stupid name.