Hi Guys !!

I have a Peavey Wolfgang that no matter what I do, the tone sounds bright, harsh and tinny - its a Jap Wolfie from about 1986. I love the guitar to play, but it sounds terrible - I want a thicker sound but I also want to retain the pickups. Any ideas most welcome.

Thanks Guys !

(and I don't want to put EMGs in either )
the Wolfie doesn't have a tone control, but I backed it off on the Boss DS1 and on the amp - it sounds even worse.

Thanks for your help though.
I think he ment turn the tone down on the actual guitar
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Hi There !

the Wolfgang only has one volume pot - no tone controls at all.
pretty sure they were only made in the usa and korea!!
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
You could put a concentric pot in it to give it tone/vol wout drilling any holes and is easily reversable. Wout a tone pot it can tend to make things to bright w some guitars.
Quote by Tackleberry
You could put a concentric pot in it to give it tone/vol wout drilling any holes and is easily reversable. Wout a tone pot it can tend to make things to bright w some guitars.

well not only that but hes running it through a ds1 for distortion which has me believe his amp is something along the lines of a spider....
An '86 Japanese Wolfgang doesn't exist.

They started US production in 1996. These were arch tops with volume and tone, often referred to as the "Wolfgang Standard"

In 1998 they came out with the Special model which was also US made. These were flat tops (solid colors & flame tops) with a single volume.

In 2003 they came out with the Special EXP model which was made in Korea. These were quilted flat tops also with a single volume.
EQ pedal
250k pots
Different amp

Failing that you're going to have to bite the bullet and replace the pickups with something warmer, pair of Dimarzio Breeds perhaps.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com